Do you need to do a procedure in the SAT but you no longer remember the password of your e.firma? Unlike other procedures, this can only be done directly in the offices of dependency
The password or private key of the e.firma (electronic signature) is a secret key defined by the taxpayer. It is an eight alphanumeric character password that gives you access to different applications and services provided by the agency.
It is very important not to confuse it with the SAT password. Many people enter the portal thinking that they can do the process online but are frustrated when they realize that at some point they are asked for the e.firma password, the same one that they do not have.
How to renew your e.firma password?
When you process the e.firma before the SAT for the first time, they give you an eight-character password on the receipt of your procedure.
If you lost the paper or do not remember the password, the The only way to get it back is by going to the SAT offices to process a “renewal or revocation of natural persons”. To do this, you must first schedule an appointment through the portal. You just have to follow the following steps:
- Enter the SAT portal and click on the option “Schedule an appointment”.
- Select the yellow Start button.
- Indicate the federative entity, the nearest module and the service you require.
- Enter your full name, RFC and email.
- Select the date and time that suits you best and click on request an appointment.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of the application.
- Enter the characters shown in the image, you will immediately obtain the confirmation of your appointment.
- Receive the confirmation of your appointment in your email.
- Save the assigned appointment and confirmation number as it will be useful in case you need to check or cancel the reserved space.
What is the SAT e.firma and what is it for?
The Advanced Electronic Signature (FIEL)better known as e.firma, is a digital file that identifies you when carrying out procedures and services before the Government of Mexico.
It is important to note that the e.firma represents the same value as your physical signature, being a unique, safe and protected virtual file. Besides, prevent identity theft.
With it you can enter the SAT page to obtain your statement, change of address or entering the tax mailbox.
SAT: How to process the e.firma for the first time?
Before exploring the SAT pageyou must schedule an appointment on their website, in the “Other procedures and services” menu, and go on the day and time indicated with the following documentation:
- Original or certified copy of a valid official identification.
- Original proof of tax address in the case of taxpayers who have obtained their RFC through the SAT portal with their CURP.
- Simple copy of the CURP.
- Valid official identification of the taxpayer such as INE credential, passport or primer.
- A removable memory unit (USB).
- Personal email.
During the appointment, the taxpayer must provide the following identity data:
- front view photography
- iris photography
- Signature and digitization of original documents
After get your digital signature, It is important that you protect or make a backup in a secure electronic medium, since the e.firma is personal and non-transferable. Avoid giving this document to a third party, this way you will keep it protected and you will ensure that they do not sign in your name.