Are you planning to travel abroad with your family at Easter? Remember that everyone, including your children, requires a passport, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (SRE) has special requirements for minors to process it.
The passport, in addition to being essential to travel, is an official identification that supports you in carrying out procedures. In the case of minors, it is useful when they turn 18 to process their voter identification card.
The process of passport for minors It is different from what adults do. In addition, other documents must be presented and their price is different.
Mexican passport for children 2023: How much does it cost?
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs establishes the price of the passport in dollars, so if you require the document, its price may vary according to the exchange rate.
As with the passport for adults, the document for minors price changes, depending on the duration period, be it 1, 3 or 6 years:
- 1 year (applies only to children from 1 to 3 years of age): 40 dollars.
- Three years: 93 dollars.
- Six years (applies only to minors from 3 to 18 years): $126.
What documents do you need to process the passport for minors?
- Application for ordinary Mexican passportwhich is delivered to consular offices.
- certified copy of birth certificate.
- Valid official identification of the minor with photograph. If the child is 7 years old or younger, you can file a medical certificate with photograph and seal of the corresponding institution.
- Valid official identification with photograph of both parents or persons exercising parental authority.
- Permission granted by parents or guardians for the issuance of passports to minors. This modality also applies remotely, in the event that this is the case due to distance between the parents and the minor.
- Simple copy of the Single Key of the Population Registry (curp) certified by the Civil Registry.
Both the application and the permit are processed through documents that you must download and fill out. Both are available at this link.
How to process the passport for minors?
The process is carried out in person, and for this you need an appointmentsame as scheduled via internet.
It is necessary that you carry all the documents requested by the agency in time and form, and to do so you will need:
- Enter the page of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Register with your email.
- Follow the steps and select your nearest office, as well as the time to complete the process.
The page of appointments for the passport corresponding to minors you find it in this link.