Lenzinger driftwood artist Karl Mayer designed the trophies for the Feronia award winners. Image: VOLKER Weihbold
More than 1000 guests came to the Oberbank Forum in Linz on Thursday evening: the winners of the big sustainability prize in Upper Austria, Feronia, were celebrated. Together with the Oberbank and the state of Upper Austria, the Oberösterreichische Nachrichten organized this prize for the first time, which honors climate-conscious companies and projects that think across generations.
With his speech, the environmental activist, ex-mountaineer and ex-politician Reinhold Messner made the audience think about the responsibility we all have towards future generations.
The selection of the winners from 200 applications was anything but easy for the 14-strong jury. Great companies, associations or initiatives applied in each of the four categories. The jury awarded their points anonymously until the four with the most points were declared the winners (see box).
The Business School Vöcklabruck (HAK) received a special award for its comprehensive environmental commitment.
The Feronia Victors
The category winners are:
- Sustainable through and through: the solar technology manufacturer Fronius International in Wels
- Sustainable products and services: the Innviertler Raimund Beck KG, which manufactures nails from wood
- Social affairs – responsibility for generations: the St. Stefan -Afiesl citizens’ cooperative
- Creating and preserving culture: “WeFair”, the sustainable fashion fair in Linz
- Special category: the commercial academy in Vöcklabruck due to their commitment
This article are no posts