President Andrés Manuel López Obrador took advantage this morning to reveal a escrow of the judiciary for more than 20 billion pesos. This is because this same day he entrusted the Secretary of the Interior, Adán Augusto López, to request information on the trusts of the National Electoral Institute (INE) through the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data (INAI). .
“Today I gave instructions to the Secretary of the Interior to ask the Transparency Institute to ask the National Electoral Institute to disclose how much money they have in their trusts so that we know what use they have given to those trusts and what is that money for, knowing how much it is, how they have spent it and what the items are main because nothing is known”, he reproached.
To illustrate his criticism, the president showed the display of the resources allocated to trusts by judicial entity.
Trusts of the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation
The resources of the Supreme Court trusts registered until December 2022 for a total of 6 thousand 99 million 504 thousand 193 pesos are for these items:
- 789 million 397 thousand 493 pesos in complementary pensions for MS
- 2 thousand 815 million 256 thousand 192 pesos in complementary pensions for MM and PO
- 137 million 366 thousand 145 pesos in medical benefits plan.
- 357 million 620 thousand 336 pesos in management of the proceeds from the sale of CD’s publications and other projects.
- One thousand 311 million 431 thousand 357 pesos in budget remnants.
- 688 million 432 thousand 667 pesos in the National Fund for the Strengthening and Modernization of the Administration of Justice (JURICA FUND).
Regarding the trust funds of the Federal Judicial Council and the Electoral Tribunal of the Federal Judiciary, those that are allocated to the supplementary pensions of retired magistrates and judges, maintenance of their houses already the complementary medical supports that together add up more than 4 billion pesos.