Fireworks, music groups, masks, neon signs, reusable cups, sunglasses, bracelets, tattoos, fluorine makeup… Although it may seem like it, we are not talking about music festivals, we are talking about the new trend in wedding: the ‘wedding party‘. And it is that the new generations are hooked on this new trend that is going strong in the bridal sector and that has come to revolutionize the way in which we are used to celebrating weddings.
Bodas.net discover how these weddings are at their purest festival style that has already made thousands of couples fall in love and that, who knows, could become the chosen style of the wedding of the year: that of Tamara Falco and inigo onieva.
After the pandemic and the restrictions to celebrate and meet with many people, weddings have returned with the desire for a lot of partying. In 2022 there was already a real ‘boom’ of weddings and this 2023 it is expected that it will continue to do so with 5% more links than in 2019, the last year of normal activity for the sector before the pandemic, according to data from Bodas.net.
What until now were celebrations of love, now give way to a great party of love that no one close to the couple wants to miss. But, what essentials does this new new trend What is hooking the new generations?
The keys to the ‘wedding fest’
- eclectic weddings. The ‘wedding fest’ go beyond the party moment and will be seen from the first moment. As? Through styles and decoration. Simple and minimalist weddings are giving way to celebrations that mix everything: styles, formats, decorations, the countryside with neon lights, the rustic with classic lamps… Anything goes for a generation of increasingly creative and daring couples.
- ‘Wedding Chapters’ or Multi event. One day she knows little. Now weddings are B-Day, but also the pre-wedding dinner, the brunch the next day, the ‘engagement party’… Couples are no longer satisfied with celebrating a single day but rather live their wedding in several chapters.
- flashy lighting. Like the flowers, the lighting will also be one of the elements of the decoration that will gain vivacity in this type of wedding. Lighting in more strident and striking colors and more voluminous lamps. It is no longer sought that the elements go unnoticed within a subdued aesthetic, but that everything is specially chosen so that it stands out. Disco balls also become part of the decoration at 2023 weddings, giving environments a revival and glamorous touch.
- ‘Fest Entertainment’. The trend of surprising, which was established during the pandemic when restrictions did not allow dance floors, has remained, but now much more linked to the party part. We will see makeup, fluorescent paints, facial gems or tattoo artists for the most daring who want to take a memory of the big day “forever”. Everything instagrammable continues to be a trend.
- Music, the center of everything. What would a festival be without music? If it has always been important, at ‘wedding fes’-style weddings, music will be even more so. Beyond being the common thread of the big day, it will become the great protagonist, especially the live music that makes all the guests vibrate and stand up.
- Open bar yes, but not everything goes. Alcohol is served at 97% of Spanish weddings, according to the Bodas.net Global Wedding Report, so the ‘wedding fest’ trend also had to reach the open bar. Also, alcohol-free bars where quantity was ahead of quality are a thing of the past. Now it seeks to offer top-brand drinks, served in the most sophisticated glasses and cups and with all kinds of details: natural fruits, spices, decoration… and it is that, if it surprises as well as being good, much better.
- Second ‘look’ is no longer just for ‘influencers’. Having a second or even a third ‘look’ to surprise the guests and at the same time seek some comfort for the big party is going to be something common at weddings in 2023. This is confirmed by the latest Bodas.net survey: on the 15th % of brides plan to make an outfit change during the celebration. Even 22% would be willing to cut their hair during the wedding party.
- ‘Social first’. Social networks become the main protagonists of this type of wedding. In this sense, couples will be able to create personalized filters for their wedding so that guests can use them when uploading photos on social media that show their names, the date of the big day, and elements of the wedding theme. If there was a time when the wedding hashtag was a trend, is it time to think about creating a logo? Everything points to yes. In the same line of taking all the material to the networks, the videographers will work on creative and short pieces: they will make pre-wedding trailers, short videos to share on the different platforms or post-wedding videos, among others, that can be uploaded on Reels and TikTok.