In case you need to download a YouTube video for personal use, know that it is possible to do so no need to install programs or mobile apps.
The download formats are varied: it is possible to download videos from YouTube in MP3, MP4, AAC, FLV, Full HD, HD, Standard (SDTV) and many other audio and image formats, or even convert to another type of file.
How to download videos from Youtube without the need for apps – on your cell phone
It is possible to download YouTube videos on mobile devices through the premium version of the video platform.
The subscription service follows a model similar to other streaming apps, in which the user pays a monthly fee starting at R$20.90 to access videos anywhere without the need for internet.
Follow these steps to download from the YouTube app:
- Open YouTube on your mobile phone and log in to your account;
- Click the “Download” button below the player;
- Choose the quality of the video you want to download;
- Wait until the “Saved” icon (✔) appears to confirm that the download is complete.
How to download videos from Youtube without having to install programs – on your computer
- open the video YouTube you want to download and copy the URL of the video in your browser’s address bar.
- Go to a site that offers a free YouTube video download service, such as SaveFrom.net or the KeepVid.
- Paste the URL of the video into the search bar of the chosen website and click “Download”.
- Choose the quality of the video you want to download and click “Download” again.
- Wait until the download completes and save the file to your computer.
Check, in images, the step by step to download a video directly from YouTube through the website “SaveFrom.net”:
The download will start and the video will be available in your computer’s downloads folder.
A similar process allows you to download on mobile:
- Install or open the YouTube app (available for Android e iOS);
- In the search bar, type the title of the desired video;
- Click on the video to start playback;
- Click “Share” and select “Copy Link”;
- Open a new browser tab and go to the website SaveFrom;
- Paste the video link in the “Enter URL” area;
- Choose “Mp4” format;
- Click “Download” to start the download.
After being downloaded, the YouTube video will be automatically directed to the mobile downloads folder. Just open the folder and check the file which can be used in different apps and social networks.
*It is important to bear in mind that methods outside the official YouTube app violate YouTube’s usage policies, and all consequences arising from them are the sole responsibility of the user.