Head of the portfolio was under pressure to leave his post at the Esplanada after accusations of alleged irregularities in the payment of per diems and in the use of official flights for private purposes
The Minister of Communications, Juscelino Filho (União Brasil-MA), published on his social networks that he will still have “a lot of work ahead” in charge of the portfolio. The statement comes after a meeting between the politician and the president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva (PT), this Monday, the 6th, regarding the alleged irregularities surrounding Juscelino in recent days. The head of the ministerial portfolio is accused of using official flights of the Brazilian Air Force (FAB) and of receiving daily payments for private purposes. In his social networks, the politician stated that there was a positive meeting with the Chief Executive and that there was clarification of the “unfounded accusations” made against him. In addition to the manifestation in their social networks of their possible permanence, the news team of the Young pan confirmed the information about Juscelino’s non-dismissal with the advisory of the Ministry. Earlier, before the minister’s meeting with the President of the Republic, Juscelino had published a video on his social networks in which he justified himself about the accusations. In the publication, the politician from Maranhão claims that the daily rates were issued through a “failure in the system” and that, as soon as the errors were identified, the amount was returned to the Union. On Twitter, the minister published the transfer receipts with the amounts that would be reimbursed for the daily rates. Regarding integrating FAB flights, Juscelino stated that he used the aircraft since there was an official agenda to be fulfilled. “And my return took place on a shared FAB flight requested from another ministry,” he said.
“This is an unfair distortion of the facts, I am at the disposal of the authorities to deal with everything that is under my responsibility, but it is unacceptable that they involve me with the acts of third parties, I have a clean record and do not respond to any process and it is important to leave this well of course”, classified the minister. In addition to the concern expressed by President Lula, the representative of the Workers’ Partyfederal deputy Hoffmann’s blues (PT-PR), had already asked for the removal of Juscelino to avoid “embarrassment on both sides”. “I think the minister should ask for a leave of absence to be able to explain, justify, if justifiable what he did,” he said in an interview with the Metrópoles portal. However, that of União Brasil in the Chamber of Deputies and in the Federal Senate, he took a position contrary to Gleisi’s statements and recalled controversies involving the PT acronym in the past by lamenting the use of “two weights and two measures to deal with matters inherent to public life”. “When the attitudes of her allies are challenged – and there has been no lack of accusations against PT members in the recent history of the country – the parliamentarian preaches the right of defense. When the situation is reversed, it prefers to make pre-judgments”, stated the document signed by leaders Elmar Nascimento, in the Chamber; and Efraim Filho, in the Senate.
I just left the Planalto Palace, where I had a very positive meeting with the president @LulaOficial. On that occasion, I clarified the unfounded accusations made against me and detailed some of the various projects and actions of the @mincommunicacoes. We have a lot of work ahead of us!
— Juscelino Filho (@DepJuscelino) March 6, 2023