The dallas mavericks They are going through a bad moment in the 2022/2023 season, on a 2-game losing streak, and having lost 7 of the last 10 games.
Fortunately, they are still in the direct classification zone playoffsbeing sixth of the western conference of the NBA, with a mark of 25 wins and 24 losses, on the verge of falling into the play-in zone.
Individually, the Mavericks franchise player, the Slovenian star luka doncichas been unstoppable, leading the NBA in scoring, with averages of 33.8 points, 9.1 rebounds, 8.6 assists, with 1.5 steals per game, as well as excellent percentages of 49.8 from the field, 35.2 from triples, and 72.8 from free throws.
Since being selected third overall in the 2018 Draft, Doncic has done nothing but rack up individual awards, being named Rookie of the Year, 3 times selected to Stars game3 times chosen to the Best Quintet in the NBA, aiming for the fourth in a row of both recognitions.
As if that were not enough, according to ESPN Stats & Info, Doncic already has 33 games in which he has scored 30 or more points this season, the NBA leader in this department.
In the same way, the aforementioned site added that in the last 40 seasons, the only players with more games of 30 or more points before the month of February are the legendary Michael Jordan and James Harden.
We recommend you read
- NFL: San Francisco’s Brock Purdy, Seattle’s Kenneth Walker III, and Jets’ Garrett Wilson are finalists for Offensive Rookie of the Year
- NFL: 49ers’ Nick Bosa, Cowboys’ Micah Parsons, and Chiefs’ Chris Jones named finalists for Defensive Player of the Year
- NFL: Jalen Hurts, Patrick Mahomes, Justin Jefferson, and Tyreek Hill shortlisted for Offensive Player of the Year
- NFL: Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts, and Justin Jefferson, finalists for Most Valuable Player
- NBA: Danny Green would be aiming to debut on February 1 with the Memphis Grizzlies
Without a doubt, Luka Doncic, barely 23 years old, is a generational talent, who expects great things in his future in the best basketball league in the world, although he is clearly focused on winning championships, for which he and the Mavericks must find the way to turn around their bad moment, and try to get back on track, just as they did the previous year, reaching the Western Conference final.