MEXICALI.- The Secretariat of Citizen Security of Baja California (SSCBC) trained around 500 high school students in the municipalities of Mexicali and Ensenada, in order to prevent young Baja Californians from being influenced by “narcoculture”, an apology for power and violence exposed mainly in television series and music .
In a clear and simple way, the staff of the Planning and Citizen Proximity Unit of the State Citizen Security Force (FESC) explained to the students of the General High School No. 107, in the city of Mexicali, and the Technical High School No. 43, in Ensenada, about the background, concepts, and risk factors involved in trying to imitate the behavior of people who commit crime.
The reality is that people of all social strata and of all ages consume movies, television series, music videos and “narco corridos” on a daily basis, where the generators of violence are exalted as millionaires, showing corruption and impunity.
The “narcoculture” fraudulently shows a lifestyle in which drug consumption and trafficking, as well as the use of weapons are normalized; This is how it tries to deceive one of the most vulnerable sectors such as children and adolescents, so that they acquire the taste and interest to enter the world of drug trafficking.
In that sense, the SSCBC carries out these approaches with youth in the seven municipalities of the entity, in order to provide tools that allow them to stop the expressions of violence, which can negatively influence their development as good people.
At the same time, they are invited to form part of the culture of reporting and legality, and they are explained how the 9-1-1 and Anonymous Complaint 089 lines work, the benefits of the applications 911MovilBC Y 089MovilBCwhich can be downloaded from any platform for free.
According to the authorities, the following points about “narcoculture” were exposed:
- It is characterized by highlighting a lifestyle with marked waste of power, corruption and impunity.
- Creates luxury life expectations by legitimizing drug trafficking
- Narcocorridos are songs that tell the life stories of drug dealers and their criminal groups.
- In television series and films oriented towards drug trafficking, the figure of drug lords is magnified, who are generators of violence; characters can be fictional or real.
- Through the “narconovelas” the excessive use of jewelry is shown
- An apology is made for violence, trying to normalize these behaviors
- Weapons, especially high-impact ones, are presented in television productions as a symbol of power.
- The “narcocultura” also shows the sale and distribution of drugs, easy money, the struggle for power, death and illegality.
- The most vulnerable population to be deceived are girls, boys and adolescents when trying to imitate behaviors acquired through drug culture.
We recommend you read:
It should be noted that the SSCBC considers that there are very strong challenges and that together, under a state citizen security system, it will be possible to face the problem, joining efforts and privileging coordination and intelligence in operational and prevention areas. In Baja California we are all safe.