A 72-year-old was injured on Wednesday afternoon when trying to extinguish a fire in the boiler room of a St. Veit farm. He had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance.

Shortly after 4 p.m., the 72-year-old St. Veiter became aware of the fire in the boiler room through the smoke alarm. The 72-year-old tried to extinguish the burning heater himself and to ventilate the premises. In the meantime, a neighbor informed the emergency services. The owner had to be taken to the hospital. “When the fire brigade arrived, no open flames could be found,” the police said. The 72-year-old owner of the farm had to be taken to the hospital in St. Veit by the ambulance. He is likely to have contracted smoke gas poisoning while extinguishing the fire. Massive property damage was caused to the building. The Sörg and Liebenfels fire brigades were deployed with a total of 40 men.

Source: krone

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more
Share This:

J. A. Allen

Author, blogger, freelance writer. Hater of spiders. Drinker of wine. Mother of hellions.

Leave a Reply