A new day at the World Cup and therefore a new World Cup podcast. Jonathan Metdepenninghen talks to Filip Joos and Stef Wijnants about yesterday’s matches, the fuss about the captain’s armband and today’s matches.
In this episode you hear
- Why the many minutes of extra time is a stepping stone to “the hockeyization” of football.
- How the game against Senegal is the epitome of a Van Gaal victory.
- That Foden is a victim of the Guardiola doctrine at Manchester City.
- Why Wales definitely needed a red card.
- That FIFA was forced to throw off the mask.
- That French President Macron dares to call football players.
- Why the World Cup in Qatar is a kind of turning point in keeping politics and football separate.
- That backsliding is in man.
- That the loss of Fofana is more important for France than the loss of Benzema.
During the World Cup in Qatar you can listen to an episode of the World Cup podcast from De Tribune every morning. Jonathan Metdepenninghen talks to 2 of our commentators or analysts in Qatar every day. They look back and forward and give a picture of life in Qatar. Listen every day in the VRT MAX app.
Listen to all episodes of the World Cup podcast on VRT MAX