You are currently viewing Balance of Carabineros: more than 3,000 people were arrested for hiding patents

Police of Chile through the chief of the Metropolitan Zone, general inspector, Carlos Gonzalezcommunicated a new weekly balance on the institutional work in arrests, infractions, dismantled gangs, among others.

Among the notable edges is the apprehension of 3,125 people for hiding license plates on motorcycles during this 2022. Of which, 2,430 are Chileans and 695 foreigners, 95% being men and the remaining 5% women.

Likewise, González specified that 60% of the detainees in this type of crime (3,125) correspond to the Metropolitan region, which groups 1,878 apprehended. In detail, 988 were in the commune of Santiago, 203 in San Bernardo, 128 in Colina, 111 in Talagante, 108 in Pudahuel, 99 in Quilicura, 90 in Maipú, 78 in Cerro Navia and 73 in La Florida.

Other figures

Among another of the edges reported in the institutional balance, the arrest of a person named as “The cat”, who has 43 arrests, highlighting 12 by court order, 12 for robbery. eight for injuries, three for reception, two for threats, one for violation of the Weapons Law, one for violation of the Drug Law, one for threats to a police officer on duty, one for violation of residence, one for Intra-Family Violence ( minor injuries) and one for hiding license plate.

It was also specified that, from January of this year to November 20, there have been 74,595 arrests for crimes of greater social connotation, which leaves an average of 231 apprehensions per day. When detailing, there are 413 arrests for violent vehicle theft, 303 for vehicle theft and 273 for the crime of homicide.

During the week of November 14 to 20, Carabineros detained 7,084 people, of which 30% correspond to the Metropolitan region. These numbers give an average of 42 apprehensions per hour.

disjointed gangs

Carabineros reported the seizure of 23,013.9 kilograms of drugs, 3,139 firearms and the recovery of 23,497. In 2022, 757 criminal gangs have been dismantled.

During the last week, the institution dismantled 18 criminal groups, linked to crimes such as robberies (8), violations of the Drug Law (6), receipt of vehicles and the Weapons Law (1).

When detailing the Anti-Lock Plan (ANEN), it was indicated that, six months after its implementation, it has achieved 33,026 preventive controls, resulting in 769 detainees.

About the Centauro Plan -crime prevention strategy-, it was detailed that, five months after it was implemented, 63,000 police controls have been counted, resulting in 1,419 people being apprehended. Of these, 1,017 had current orders, 92 for receipt. 57 for carrying a knife, 17 for violation of the Weapons Law, 14 for possession of objects for crimes and three for theft.

Follow us on

Source: www.elmostrador.cl

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

J. A. Allen

Author, blogger, freelance writer. Hater of spiders. Drinker of wine. Mother of hellions.

Leave a Reply