For 8 years, November has been a month associated with Read PL – the largest campaign of this type in Poland (and perhaps in the world!) Promoting reading. The next edition of the project is ahead of us, and with it a lot of surprises for lovers of reading and good literature. The action was co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage.
Is the content? There is form! Practice reading with Read PL!
Read PL is a free e-book and audiobook rental service available throughout November. This year, thanks to the Woblink app, literature fans will be able to download for free as many as 18 books, including titles that dominate the bestseller lists, award-winning, appreciated by critics, and those that have won the hearts of readers.
This year’s edition of Read PL is full of novelties – as much as 50% more books will be available in action than in previous editions. In response to numerous voices from enthusiasts of Young Adult literature, for the first time in the Read PL action, two libraries will be made available – the main one and for young people.
We decided to extend the formula of the project and meet the expectations of young readers. So far, 12 books have been available in the Read PL action, in the 2022 edition they are joined by 6 excellent youth titles, so a total of 18 e-books – says Anna Targosz, coordinator of the Read PL campaignfrom the Woblink.com Bookstore.
The time of high school education is very important due to the maintenance and deepening of the reading habits of young people, so we are very happy that this year, thanks to the extended formula of the “Hunt your book” campaign, we can reach students even more effectively with the message that it is worth reading – says Dariusz Kawa from the Book Institutethe organizer of the “Hunt your book” campaign.
Those who read books have the form to have interesting conversations, develop imagination, broaden horizons or learn new things.
This year’s reading list for Read PL is exceptionally rich and varied. We wanted everyone to find something for themselves – both lovers of ambitious fiction and young people starting their reading adventure, fans of suspenseful crime fiction and those on whose shelves non-fiction reigns, people in love with emotional romances and popular science book enthusiasts – he says Urszula Chwalba, curator of the Krakow UNESCO City of Literature program from the KBFco-organizer of the Read PL campaign.
Books available in the 8th edition Read PL
In the main library of the Read PL action there are:
- Circe, Madeline Miller, trans. Paweł Korombel, Albatros Publishing House
- Self-seeders, Dominika Słowik, Wydawnictwo Literackie
- Apartment, Izabela Janiszewska, Fourth Page Publishing House
- Mortalist, Max Czornyj, Publishing House
- Chąśba, Katarzyna Puzyńska, Prószyński Media Publishing House
- Demonomachy, Marek Krajewski, Znak Publishing House
- The Spanish Love Deception, Elena Armas, transl. Mateusz Baka, Otwarte Publishing House
- Crows, Petra Dvorakova, trans. Mirosław Śmigielski, Stara Szkoła Publishing House
- The numbers don’t lie Vaclav Smil, transl. Michał Strąkow, Insignis Publishing House
- Senacki Square 6 PM, Vincent V. Severski, Czarna Owca Publishing House
- Age of paradoxes Natalia Hatalska, Znak Publishing House
- Game of races, Przemysław Wielgosz, Karakter Publishing House
The library for young people, available as part of “Hunt your book”, includes:
- All this time Hania Czaban, We need YA Publishing House
- Confusional state Roksana Jędrzejewska-Wróbel, Wydawnictwo Literackie
- Lore, Alexandra Bracken, transl. Michał Zacharzewski, Jaguar Publishing House
- The sister of the stars, Marah Woolf, trans. Ewa Spirydowicz, Jaguar Publishing House
- Glass birds, Katarzyna Zyskowska, Znak Literanova Publishing House
- How to explain it? Kacper Pitala, Otwarte Publishing House
Join and get access to 18 books! Totally free!
Together with Read PL, the organizers will encourage you to build a reading form on online literary websites, on Facebook, Instagram and TikToku. The action will be present not only in the virtual world, but also in the urban space thanks to the involvement of partner cities. As part of the “Hunt your book” campaign, students from secondary schools all over Poland will become Ambassadors and Readership Ambassadors. They will be able to promote the action, among others, thanks to the original T-shirts with a QR code designed by Michał Loba. Pre-premiere of the books made available in this year’s edition of the Read PL campaign will be able to be borrowed by the participants of the 25th International Book Fair in Krakow.
To join Read PL, download the Woblink mobile application from the App Store or Google Play and use it to scan the QR code placed on one of the official action graphics. After scanning the code, you can enjoy free eBooks and audiobooks from a list of 18 available titles.
Read PL – the biggest readership campaign in Poland, and maybe in the world
The popularity of the Read PL project grows with each subsequent edition. Last year, nearly 40,000 women and readers took part in it, borrowing over 75,000 books. It follows that almost every participant of the action reached for two books! Read PL covered 6 continents and was promoted by 31 cities, 1000 schools and over 1000 ambassadors!
– We offer readers to join the largest nationwide reading training. We invite you to practice your literary skills, discover new authors and experience moments full of emotions thanks to free access to 18 best-selling e-books in the Read PL action! – says Martyna Gancarczyk, coordinator of the Read PL campaign, from the Woblink.com Bookstore
– Certainly, everyone will find something for themselves on the list of carefully selected titles. People who like to listen to books will be pleased that as many as 12 of them will be available in the form of an audiobook – he adds.