San Juan Puerto Rico.- More than 400 kilos of cocaine and three people arrested It was the balance of a seizure made by British authorities in the waters of the Caribbean Sea.
The events occurred after the boat chase near Dominican Republic as part of an operation that began on Thursday night, where the seizure of the narcotic that has a estimated value of 28 million dollars.
Authorities said a team of artillerymen sank the boat, which they believe had departed from South America on a common route usually followed by smugglers.
We recommend you read:
- Puerto Rico: Search for Migrants Missing in Shipwreck Near San Juan Bay
- INM rescues 82 migrants in Nuevo León; they were transported in a refrigerated box
- Cholera deaths in Haiti surge amid fuel and water crisis
- International criticism of Nicaragua for violation of religious freedom
- Jair Bolsonaro and Lula da Silva face each other in the last debate before the ballot
This is the second large seizure reported this week. On Wednesday, the US Coast Guard announced it had seized $26 million worth of cocaine near Puerto Rico.