Because a 33-year-old had previously spilled some petrol, a fire ignited when heating up his central heating in his house in Friesach.

Around 4 p.m., the 33-year-old man used wood and paper to heat up the burner of his central heating system in his house in Friesach. What he didn’t know: When he filled his chainsaw with petrol in the boiler room, he spilled some of it. “The petrol and the petrol canister then ignited, probably due to flying sparks when heating up!” reports the Friesach police. The man immediately tried to contain the fire with a hand-held fire extinguisher – without success. The homeowner ended up in the hospital. He ran to his neighbors and asked for help there, and the fire brigade was immediately alerted. The fire went out on its own before emergency services arrived. The building was ventilated, but the man suffered from smoke inhalation and was treated as an outpatient in Friesach Hospital. “There was significant damage to the central heating system,” police said.

Source: krone

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

J. A. Allen

Author, blogger, freelance writer. Hater of spiders. Drinker of wine. Mother of hellions.

Leave a Reply