The work of the future puddle area of ​​the Valleseco beach it took more than 15 years to start, but once it has, it is scrupulously meeting the deadlines. Yesterday the president of the Santa Cruz Port AuthorityCarlos García, confirmed that the action is progressing smoothly, and that it will continue like this since sufficient material has been stockpiled, so it will not be affected by possible delays in the arrival of raw materials.

“At this time, 70% of the total investment has already been executed, completing the intervention in the sea. The remaining 30% corresponds to the land intervention, where the structure of the service buildings has already been completed, the construction of the perimeter walls and the filling for the formation of the green slope is being placed”.

It would be necessary to place the two pedestrian access walkways, the ramps, stairs and steps of the bathing area, the urbanization of the walks and all the furniture, including the bathing platforms. “The forecast is that the work will be ready in April,” he added.

The head of the Port Authority offered these details during the visit that the President of the Government of the Canary Islands, Ángel Víctor Torres, made to the works being carried out on the Valleseco coastline, together with the President of the Cabildo, Pedro Martín, and the mayor of the capital, José Manuel Bermúdez.

The municipal councilor expressed his satisfaction with the development of the action, recalling that the City Council is the administration that contributes the most to financing that exceeds 16.6 million. “We trust that by the middle of next year the work will be completely finished. We will have a kilometer of coastline in which we still have to recover the Cidemat, which depends on the Cabildo, and the rehabilitation of the spa, owned by the regional government, so that, if these works are carried out, we will have a bathing area, another sports area and another one of leisure in this kilometer of coast”.

Regarding the Cidemat, Pedro Martín pointed out that “the project is already commissioned and it is expected that the Cabildo will receive it in June 2023. Once we have it, the work will be put out to tender, with which the start of it will be scheduled for January of 2024”. Martín recalled that, at the moment, the Cabildo is carrying out twenty actions at different points along the Tenerife coast, including Valleseco.

For his part, the President of the Canarian Government, Ángel Víctor Torres, highlighted the fact that Valleseco is a project in which “different administrations participate. We contribute 5.4 million, and from what they tell us, since it was unlocked at the end of 2019, the deadlines have been met. “I trust that in April, as has been pointed out, we will already have people bathing,” he said.

To these works are added the conditioning of the beaches of Acapulco and El Bloque, financed by the Santa Cruz City Council and executed by the Port. An intervention that is expected to be ready in mid-November.

Source: Diariodeavisos

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

J. A. Allen

Author, blogger, freelance writer. Hater of spiders. Drinker of wine. Mother of hellions.

Leave a Reply