The first of two dress rehearsals before the World Cup – it all went haywire. Germany – Hungary 0:1! The DFB team presented themselves on Friday evening in Leipzig far from any form of the World Cup.
Above all, the meager offensive game of the Flick-Elf made the fans Germany – Hungary to accomplish. No impetus, no move, no chances: the guests from Hungary didn’t even have much trouble keeping the lead over time. That got a lot of fans upset.
Germany – Hungary: botched general problem causes alarm
In the 14th game as national coach, Hansi Flick suffered his first defeat on Friday. Sounds tolerable. But the timing and nature of the bankruptcy caused alarm among many fans.
In the penultimate game before the World Cup, there was no sign of World Cup form. What Flick had offered in Leipzig should have been close to the starting lineup in the first game in Qatar.
The problem of Bayern in the Bundesliga could be seamlessly transferred to the German national team. In Germany – Hungary went forward nothing. The few chances were miserably missed.
More sports news:
Germany – Hungary: Fan scandal at DFB home game – “Just antisocial”
Mario Götze at the World Cup? Expert with a clear message to Flick
Formula 1: career in ruins – driver experiences the hardest day of his life
The good first impression of the newly formed team after Flick took office is now gone. Oath of disclosure against a team that doesn’t even qualify for the World Cup. Two months before the start of the World Cup, concerns are spreading.
Here are some fan reactions:
- “What a grotto kick…”
- “If the team wants to survive the preliminary round at the World Cup, it needs to improve its performance.”
- “This makes it very easy for me to boycott the World Cup in Qatar.”
- “When will we finally have a football nation again?”
- “When you look at the misery, you ask yourself whether you could somehow get Miro fit in eight weeks.”
- “Winning a game in endurance and in injury-avoidance mode doesn’t work in the Nations League either.”