CDMX.- One 57-year-old woman died in the Doctores neighborhood, in the Cuauhtémoc mayor’s office, after hitting his head when he fell from the stairs that he was running down to his home, after the activation of the Seismic Alert in the country’s capital, due to the magnitude 6.9 earthquake with an epicenter in Coalcomán, Michoacán.
“Unfortunately, they report to me an unfortunate death due to a fall in the Doctores neighborhood,” the head of the Mexico City government, Claudia Sheinbaum, wrote on her social networks.
After the earthquake, in the Education neighborhood, in the Coyoacán Mayor’s Office, Mexico City Police learned of a man who died of a heart attack.
“add up two people deceased after the earthquake in Mexico City. From the Government of Mexico City we support the relatives and extend our solidarity,” said the mayor of the capital.
Previously, the capital’s president terminated the emergency protocols without registering damage in the City.
“In the same way, the representatives of the 16 mayors do not report any news. I thank the citizens and my team for complying with the earthquake protocols,” he mentioned on his official Twitter account.
Early this Thursday, a strong telluric movement woke up the residents of the capital. The Seismic Alert was activated on loudspeakers in Mexico City on two occasions.
The National Seismological Service reported that the earthquake was of magnitude 6.9, with an epicenter 84 kilometers south of Coalcomán Michoacán, at 01:16:09 this Thursday.
We recommend you read:
The Secretariat of Citizen Security (SSC) of Mexico City reported that, after the activation of the Seismic Alert, a woman lost her life after hitting her head when she fell from the stairs of her home, in the Doctores neighborhood.
In his social networks, the president Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador He pointed out that it was a replica and was felt in Michoacán, Colima, Jalisco, Guerrero and Mexico City. “So far there is no report of damage,” she said.
The chief executive also spoke by phone with General Luis Cresencio Sandoval, Secretary of National Defense, “and so far without news; information is being collected.”