This September, the two-time Olympic champion spends in Sochi, where an ice show tour with her participation takes place. The athlete visited the Avtoradio mobile studio, which is currently operating in the resort capital, and spoke about what is happening in her life.
In an interview, the athlete, who heads her own figure skating center, shared her opinion on when is the best time to send children to this sport.
– We take kids from 3.5-4 years old. At this age, the child is already beginning to understand what he is doing, whether he likes it or not. It is believed that this is the most promising age to start classes. But, of course, figure skating is not the cheapest option for a sport, Volosozhar noted.
In principle, adults can also start a career in figure skating, for example, athletes who want to change their qualifications.
– As the practice of ice projects shows, in principle, everything is possible. If we talk about a professional career, many athletes are trying to retrain. It’s hard, but why not? – says the athlete.
Children 4-5 years old, she said, start with 2-3 workouts a week, and the load increases every year, gradually reaching 5-6 training days a week, and then twice a day. Her own daughter Anzhelika started skating at 1 year and 8 months old, now she is 5 years old and has already won tournaments.
– A daughter is a separate option. She asked herself, saw her mother on skates in the project and said: “I also want to.” In fact, it is still unclear whether she will be a figure skater, I do not want to insist on this, and Maxim too. We agreed as follows: if she likes it, she will show a desire, then we, accordingly, will support him, – shared Tatyana Volosozhar.
With her husband, figure skater Maxim Trankov, Tatyana is also raising her son Theodore, who turned one year old in May. The couple has become for many an example of a strong happy family. Tatyana Volosozhar, visiting the hosts of the drive show Let’s Go, showed off a tattoo she recently made with her husband.
– This is the ring finger of the right hand, where they usually wear a ring, but Maxim and I are in pair skating and rarely wear rings. We saw a variant of such a tattoo, and it was here, in Sochi, that we managed to get it, – said the Olympic champion.
The uniqueness of Tatyana and Maxim’s tattoos is that when put together they form one continuous line.
– The solid line of our fingers seems to say – we are one, – said Tatyana Volosozhar.
The athlete will stay in Sochi until the end of September, performing in the Scarlet Flower ice show. The resort capital accepts the production very warmly, the skater said, and after the performances, a sea of flowers remains on the ice. There are also other gifts from fans. The athlete usually distributes soft toys to orphanages, and the lingerie that arrived from the stands was the strangest present.
The most valuable and main gift for her, the athlete noted, is the sincere emotions of the audience.
“When I see a full hall of people who are standing, applauding, smiling, because they are happy to see us on the ice, it adds emotions and energy to create and participate in such projects further,” admitted Tatyana Volosozhar.