Students protest in Chile after the rejection of the new Constitution

Russia will recruit 300,000 reservists to support his military campaign in UkraineThis was announced on Wednesday by the Minister of Defense, Sergei Shoiguin televised statements. In Moscow’s first update on the number of casualties in nearly six months, Shoigu said 5,937 Russian soldiers had been killed since the start of the conflict.

The President Vladimir Putin he ordered the first mobilization of Moscow since World War II in an early morning television address. In it, he stated that the additional personnel “were necessary to win a war not only against Ukraine, but also against its Western defenders.”

Shoigu rejected claims from kyiv and the West that Russia has suffered heavy losses in its 7-month-old campaign. He added that 90% of the wounded Russian soldiers had returned to the front. It is the first time that Moscow has provided an official death toll since March 25, when it said 1,351 soldiers had been killed.

The United States Department of Defense he said in August that he believed 70,000 to 80,000 Russian personnel had been killed or wounded. In July he estimated Russia’s death toll at about 15,000. Shoigu explained that Moscow had 25 million potential fighters at his disposal, Reuters reported.

The decree posted on the Kremlin’s website announced that the call-up would apply only to reservists with previous military experience. Shoigu said that this meant around 300,000 men. “It’s really about those who have served, (who) have a military specialty, that is, a specialty that is needed in the Armed Forces today, who have combat experience,” he explained.

Source: Elintransigente

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

J. A. Allen

Author, blogger, freelance writer. Hater of spiders. Drinker of wine. Mother of hellions.

Leave a Reply