THIS MESSAGE (MATERIAL) IS CREATED AND (OR) DISTRIBUTED BY A FOREIGN MASS MEDIA PERFORMING THE FUNCTIONS OF A FOREIGN AGENT AND (OR) A RUSSIAN LEGAL ENTITY PERFORMING THE FUNCTIONS OF A FOREIGN AGENT.
RT and Channel One removed announcements of the broadcast of the address of Russian President Vladimir Putin, drew attention Astra edition. The Rossiya TV channel did not announce Putin’s appeal.
Earlier, RBC sources reported that on September 20, Putin will speak out about the “referenda” planned in the occupied territories of Ukraine. It was also reported that Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu would follow him. The Kremlin has not officially confirmed this.
On the evening of September 20, Putin’s address was never shown. After 22:00 Moscow time, Margarita Simonyan, editor-in-chief of the state television channel RT, in her telegram channel advised “go to sleep”. Head of the Russian-speaking directorate of RT Anton Krasovsky wrote: “Tomorrow will be everything.”
By information two Forbes sources in the presidential administration of Russia, Putin’s address in the recording will be shown on September 21, when the Far East “wakes up.”
On September 19, in the self-proclaimed DPR and LPR, and on September 20, in the occupied Zaporozhye and Kherson regions, they announced plans to hold “referendums on joining Russia.” They will be held September 23-27.
In addition, on September 20, State Duma deputies adopted new amendments to the Criminal Code in the second and third readings. They supplement it with the concepts of “mobilization” and “martial law”, toughen the punishment for desertion, introduce punishment for voluntary surrender.
More about “referendums” and amendments
- In the occupied territories of Ukraine on September 23-27, “referendums on joining Russia” will be held. The main thing Meanwhile, in Russia, the concept of “mobilization” is being introduced into the Criminal Code.
- The war party won The Kremlin has decided to “immediately” annex Ukrainian territories – and is already planning mobilization in earnest. Meduza found out how this decision was made
- “The obvious response of the” party of war “to defeats at the front” The State Duma has prepared the grounds for a general mobilization. Here are the first reactions to this decision (the material is being updated)
- So, the words “mobilization”, “martial law” and “wartime” are about to appear in the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. Who and what does it threaten?
- It seems that mobilization is being seriously prepared in Russia – and for this they even rewrote the Criminal Code. What if I don’t want to fight? We discuss with a lawyer who helps recruits