Heavy rush to a kebab shop in Dortmund!
Hundreds of people made a pilgrimage to the opening of a kebab shop on Rheinische Strasse on Tuesday afternoon. Because the snack bar had lured with an obscenely cheap offer. However, this was so tempting that the police Dortmund had to intervene, as she confirmed to DER WESTEN.
Dortmund: Police have to interrupt the opening of the kebab shop – because of THIS offer
There was quite a commotion at the opening of a kebab shop on Rheinische Strasse and Heinrichstrasse on Tuesday. The snack bar advertised in advance with a daring PR campaign. Customers should be able to get a doner kebab for just a penny.
A few facts about the city Dortmund:
- was first mentioned in writing in 880 (as ‘Throtmanni’)
- has 588,250 inhabitants (as of December 2019), making it the ninth largest city in Germany
- the largest city in the Ruhr area in terms of area and population
- the Signal-Iduna-Park (home stadium of Borussia Dortmund) is the largest football stadium in Germany with over 81,000 seats
- other sights: Westfalenpark, Dortmunder U, German Football Museum
- Mayor is Thomas Westphal (SPD)
The store kept its promise, attracting hundreds of people who thronged the front of the store. When the police were alerted at around 3 p.m., they found around 300 people in front of the snack bar, as a spokesman told DER WESTEN.
They blocked the adjacent streets, pushed and pushed each other to get a super cheap doner kebab. However, nobody was harmed.
More reports from Dortmund:
The police had to clear the street and informed the public order office. The snack bar closed after half an hour. Now the regulatory office has to evaluate commercially which steps are to be taken next.
+++ Dortmund: Mouhamed D. († 16) shot by the police – now confidential information is leaking through +++
This should also include that the snack bar has to increase its prices and refrains from such an action in the future. (mbo)