Who get one dog wants to buy, there are a few things to consider. Many people first think of the beautiful moments that a faithful companion promises in everyday life.
But there are also certain obligations that must be observed when keeping a four-legged friend. The city remembers that mealwho are now using local residents dog takes aim.
Dog in Essen: the city announces stricter controls
According to the city’s experience, some dog owners would not fulfill their duty given the annual burden. It “can be assumed that there is a high number of unreported dogs,” explains the city of Essen.
That’s why the regulatory office has announced increased controls for the coming weeks: “On request, dog owners are obliged to show the currently valid tax stamp to the representatives of the city of Essen.”
This is what you need to know about the dog tax in Essen:
- If you buy a dog, you have to register it with the city within 14 days
- Owners then have to pay a dog tax
- The annual costs depend on the number and type of dogs
- One animal: 156 euros
- Two animals: 216 euros each
- Three animals: 252 euros each
- Dangerous dog: 852 euros (can be reduced to 288 euros if necessary)
- Goal: limit the number in the city area
- Owners can register pets in writing, in person or digitally
- Around 26,000 dogs are officially registered in Essen
This penalty threatens holders in Essen
Anyone who does not comply with the specifications of the city of Essen faces a fine of up to 5,000 euros in the worst case. The amount of the penalty depends, among other things, on how long the dog was not registered.
More news from Essen:
However, there is a grace period. Anyone who has so far failed to register their four-legged friend can do so until December 31, 2022. Owners must deduct the dog tax retrospectively from the time their pet was admitted. But they are spared a fine for doing so.
You can find more information about the tax and the online form for registering your dog here.