At the ZDF TV Garden, “layla‘ for plenty of conversation when Kiwi invited DJ Robin and Schürze to the show, defying the hotly debated ban on playing.
Despite the criticism, the party song is apparently very popular at the Oktoberfest. A small incident now shows how popular it is, in which “layla‘ played one of the main roles.
“Layla” at the Oktoberfest – Wisen visitor clearly reacts
On Saturday evening (September 17) there was a fight at the Wiesn. The victim of the beating is a tourist who, although he doesn’t speak German, seems to have remembered a certain song from the music programme.
That’s what the “layla“-Zoff:
- The song “Layla” sings about a puff mom named Layla
- “More beautiful, younger, horny,” she says, according to the text
- The city of Würzburg, among others, was bothered by this and banned it from the Kiliani folk festival. Later, the Rheinkirmes Düsseldorf followed suit
- However, the DJs were undeterred from playing the song anyway
- This is how Layla became THE hit of the summer of 2022, who was even asked to appear on the ZDF “Fernsehgarten”.
The press spokesman for the Aich ambulance, which is on site with paramedics, told “TZ”: “His nose was bleeding, he had a slightly blood-smeared face.” When the paramedics asked him for personal information, the tent visitor was unfortunately unable to provide any information . What he can say, though, is “Layla, Layla, Layla.”
“Layla” calls at the Wiesn raise new questions
According to the statements of the spokesman, the man was heavily intoxicated and his answers accordingly manageable. It is not known whether the injured person was really in contact with a woman named “Layla” or just proved once again how memorable the forbidden lyrics are.
More hit news:
Incidentally, Wiesn boss Clemens Baumgärtner said in advance of a possible ban on “Layla” playing at the Oktoberfest: “Anyone who wants to play it should play it, whoever doesn’t want to play it shouldn’t play it.”
Here you can find out how “Layla’s mother” is now making a career.