Dortmund Central Station has to be cleared over a large area – that’s the reason
chaos at Dortmund Central Station! On Tuesday morning, Deutsche Bahn announced that a large area of the station had to be cleared. Only platforms 2-5 are still open because they are a bit outside, as a spokeswoman for the railway explained when asked by DER WESTEN.
The cause is an abandoned piece of luggage that Dortmund Central Station was found. There are massive delays, diversions and failures.
Dortmund main station completely cleared
Around 6.30 a.m. at the main train station in Dortmund, an abandoned piece of luggage was found on platform 31, as a spokesman for the federal police confirmed. Measures were taken immediately to clear the station. Except for the terminal platforms, all platforms were cleared. The main hall was also closed.
Hundreds of travelers are now waiting in front of the station forecourt. A defuse squad was called in. A number of trains will be diverted. The stops in Dortmund and Bochum are canceled until further notice. A number of travel connections are affected. Here is an overview:
- RE 1 (RRX) Aachen-Cologne-Düsseldorf-Duisburg-Essen-Dortmund-Hamm
- RE 3 Dusseldorf-Duisburg-Oberhausen-Gelsenkirchen-Dortmund-Hamm
- RE 4 Aachen-Erkelenz-Mönchengladbach-Neuss-Düsseldorf-Wuppertal-Hagen-Witten-Dortmund
- RE 6 (RRX) Cologne/Bonn Airport-Neuss-Düsseldorf-Duisburg-Essen-Dortmund-Hamm-Bielefeld-Minden
- RE 57 Dortmund-Arnsberg-Bestwig-Winterberg/Brilon city
- RB 32 Dortmund-Herne-Wanne-Eickel-Gelsenkirchen-Oberhausen-Duisburg
- RB 43 Dortmund-Wanne-Eickel-Dorsten
- RB 50 Dortmund-Lünen-Münster
- RB 51 Dortmund-Lünen-Coesfeld-Gronau-Enschede
- RB 52 Dortmund-Hagen-Lüdenscheid
- RB 53 Dortmund – Schwerte – Iserlohn
- RB 59 Dortmund-Unna-Soest
- p 1 Dortmund-Essen-Duisburg-Dusseldorf-Solingen
- S 2 Dortmund-Herne-Essen/Recklinghausen
- p 5 Hagen-Witten-Dortmund
More to come.