1. FC Cologne – FC Schalke 04: Attention! There is a risk of huge chaos at the start
The S04 is back! A year after relegation, the Royal Blues are happy to return to the Bundesliga. On the 1st match day it comes to the game 1. FC Cologne – FC Schalke 04.
All fans attending the game 1. FC Cologne – FC Schalke 04 If you want to travel by train, you have to be prepared for chaos.
1. FC Köln – FC Schalke 04: There is a risk of huge chaos at the start
9 euro ticket, the last NRW holiday weekend and then there is also the first Bundesliga home game of 1. FC Köln against FC Schalke 04. Buses and trains in and around Cologne will be quite crowded this weekend.
There is also construction work on the bridge over Deutz-Mülheimer Straße from Friday (5 August) to Monday (8 August). According to Deutsche Bahn, this will lead to “significant disruptions to train traffic” around the Cologne Messe/Deutz station and the Cologne train station – both in local and long-distance traffic. The KVB is also affected.
1. FC Köln – FC Schalke 04: train cancellations in Cologne – these lines are affected
For viewers who want to watch the 1. FC Köln – FC Schalke 04 game, here is a summary of the lines that will be affected:
- KVB line 3: Cancels at the Bf Deutz / Lanxess Arena stop. The replacement bus service “Line 103” runs between “Suevenstraße” and “Koelnmesse”.
- KVB line 4: Line in the direction of Schlebusch only goes to the “Suevenstraße” stop. The replacement bus service for “Line 103” runs from there to the final stop “Schlebusch”. The same applies to the trains in the direction of Bocklemünd.
- RE 1 (RRX): Between Cologne Central Station and Cologne/Bonn Airport there are nighttime partial cancellations of a pair of trains.
- RE 5 (RRX): There is a detour between Duisburg Hbf and Köln Süd with an additional stop in Neuss Hbf.
- RE 6 (RRX): Canceled between Dormagen and Cologne Hbf/Cologne/Bonn Airport. A replacement bus service will be set up for this purpose.
- RE 8: Canceled between Cologne-Ehrenfeld and Troisdorf.
- RE 9: Trains to and from Aachen Hbf are diverted via the southern bridge without stopping in Porz (Rhein), Köln Messe/Deutz and Köln Hbf and also stop in Köln Süd. Driving with the start and destination station Köln Hbf is no longer necessary.
- RE 12 and RB24: The trains in the direction of Euskirchen/Kall are canceled between Köln Messe/Deutz and Köln Hbf.
- RE 22: The trains are canceled between Hürth/Kalscheuren and Cologne Messe/Deutz.
- RB 26: Trains start and end in Cologne Hbf. The Cologne Messe/Deutz and Cologne/Bonn Airport stops are no longer used.
- RB 27: Trains are diverted with no stops in Cologne Central Station, Cologne Messe/Deutz and Cologne/Bonn Airport. The trains also stop in Cologne South and there are changes in travel times in both directions.
- RB 38: The trains are canceled between Horrem and Cologne.
Due to the many special events in Cologne, Deutsche Bahn expects a “very high number of passengers”.
More current Schalke news:
So fans who want to go to the Bundesliga game have to be patient or, if necessary, drive to the game in Cologne. (oa)