The player who attacked the referee was suspended for life

The player who attacked the referee was suspended for life

The Deportivo Garmense club suspended this Monday for life the player of his team who was arrested on Sunday after hitting a referee during a match between two teams from the Regional Soccer League of the Tres Arroyos Buenos Aires match.

After the violent act, the leaders of Deportivo Garmense decided to suspend Cristian Tirone, 34, for life, who attacked the referee Dalma Cortaldi, 30, and caused injuries that determined that she should be treated in a health center.

“It’s an unfortunate fact, it hurts a lot as a member of the board of directors and the soccer subcommittee,” said the president of the club, José del Río, who stressed that “the decision to sanction him was made automatically, because what he did has no qualifying”. The director pointed out that Tirone began to play “this year at the club, because it is a club in formation and we have players from neighboring towns.” “He did not have a record of this magnitude, at least we did not see it like that in the institution,” Del Río added to La Brújula radio station in Bahía Blanca.

“No one thought it would end in this,” said the club’s owner, confirming that the player was detained in an Adolfo González Chaves branch. As he indicated, “the player was suspended for life”, in addition to informing that the club has already contacted the Aprevide (Agency for the Prevention of Violence in Sports), which will also make a determination.

The episode occurred on Sunday afternoon, when the third division match between Club Deportivo Garmense and Independencia, from the town of Adolfo González Chaves, was being played. According to police sources, “at a time when the second half was taking place, the match judge, Cortaldi, proceeded to sanction a foul, a situation for which one of the players approached and attacked her.” The spokespersons indicated that “the player hit her with his fist at the height of her neck, for which Cortaldi fell to the ground, and there she was again attacked with kicks.”

As indicated, the player Cristian Tirone was arrested by police personnel and taken to a police station. “After the episode, the match judge was transferred to a health center where she was assisted, while the first division match was suspended by decision of the arbitration panel,” the sources added.

The player was housed in a police unit as part of the case labeled “minor injuries and infringement of Law 11,829 on sports events.” Immediately after the events occurred, the head of the Aprevide, Eduardo Aparicio, contacted the victim, made himself available to him and announced that the aggressor “will bear the full weight of the law.”

Source: Pagina12

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.