RTL announces great news: sports fans will be happy
Now it’s official: the station RTL announces a major program change. Sports fans will definitely be happy.
Football fans are more or less left dry at the moment. But now they are getting their money’s worth again. RTL a top game will be broadcast on free TV, as has now been announced.
RTL signs license deal with Sky – UEFA Super Cup game is on free TV
And this is the game with German participation. The game between Europa League winner Eintracht Frankfurt and Champions League winner Real Madrid will be broadcast live on Wednesday evening (10 August) from 9 p.m. From 8.15 p.m. there will also be a preliminary report.
That is RTL:
- RTL stands for Radio Télévision Luxembourg
- The station went on the air on January 2, 1984 as RTL Plus
- RTL was based in Luxembourg between 1984 and 1987
- RTL has been based in Cologne since 1988
- The most successful shows in the program include the “Summer House of the Stars”, the “Jungle Camp” or the lunchtime show “Punkt 12”.
- With RTL+ (formerly: RTL Now), the broadcaster also has its own media library
RTL program director Henning Tewes explains the decision
In a statement, RTL program director Henning Tewes explains this program change as follows: “The Frankfurt Cup heroes triggered real enthusiasm in Germany with their victory in the UEFA Europa League last season. With the duel of the European Cup winners, we are now presenting the next top event in European top-flight football on free TV. Another historic chapter in the history of the Frankfurt club! I’m sure that with the UEFA Supercup we will experience another highly emotional football evening on RTL”. This is sure to be an exciting game!
More RTL news:
And this program change from the RTL broadcaster also caused a lot of fuss.