Dortmund: animal protection association draws severe consequences after “barbaric animal cruelty”
Dortmund. This incident not only shocked Dortmund: During renovation work, house painters are said to have painted over pigeon chicks with pink paint. Now the animal protection association is taking drastic consequences.
The incident is said to have taken place on July 5th in a parking garage in the Union Quarter Dortmund to have happened. Accordingly, the chicks were painted over in their nests with the color. After that they are said to have been exposed (we reported).
Dortmund: animal protection association reports
The pigeon help Dortmund/Lünen and surroundings had heard about it and wanted to save the chicks – but two of them died. As the “Ruhr Nachrichten” reports, the Dortmund Animal Welfare Service is now also taking on the case.
This is the city of Dortmund:
- was first mentioned in writing in 880 (as ‘Throtmanni’)
- has 588,250 inhabitants (as of December 2019), making it the ninth largest city in Germany
- the largest city in the Ruhr area in terms of area and population
- the Signal-Iduna-Park (home stadium of Borussia Dortmund) is the largest football stadium in Germany with over 81,000 seats
- other sights: Westfalenpark, Dortmunder U, German Football Museum
- Mayor is Thomas Westphal (SPD)
They want to “file a criminal complaint with the public prosecutor’s office in Dortmund against the employees of the painting company for serious violations of the Animal Welfare Act,” announces Chairwoman Erika Scheffer. She speaks of “barbaric animal cruelty”.
Dortmund: Taubenhilfe also reports
The perpetrators acted so unscrupulously that the chicks went blind and their beaks were taped shut. According to the “Ruhr Nachrichten”, the Taubenhilfe has also reported animal cruelty and informed the veterinary office.
More news from Dortmund:
Also interesting if you come from Dortmund: A change was recently made to the mask requirement in public transport. What you have to consider now, you can read here>>> (cf)