Ruhrbahn in Essen & Mülheim announces timetable change – several failures are imminent
Essen / Mülheim. passengers of Ruhrbahn in meal and Mulheim have to adjust to some changes!
the Ruhrbahn in meal and Mulheim is turning the timetable upside down over the next few weeks – and sending fewer buses and trains onto the streets than usual.
Ruhrbahn in Essen and Mülheim changes timetable
The summer holidays in North Rhine-Westphalia begin on Monday (June 27). In the following six weeks (until August 9, 2022) the timetable for buses and trams in Essen and Mülheim will change – but only from Monday to Friday. The weekend timetables remain in place.
However, on weekdays, several stops on certain lines will be omitted – and the frequency of some lines will also be changed so that fewer connections are available per hour. This is partly due to construction sites that are very busy during the holiday season.
Ruhrbahn: These are the changes in detail
The changes for food in detail:
- U18: Only runs every 15 minutes from the “Savignystraße” stop on weekdays.
- Tram 103: The journeys between “Hollestraße” and “Steele S” are omitted in both directions.
- Tram 105: Between 6:29 a.m. and 7:29 a.m., all journeys in both directions between “Frintroperhöhe” and “Rathaus Essen” will be canceled.
- Tram 107: Between 12:34 p.m. and 5:56 p.m., all journeys in both directions between “Abzweig Katernberg Schleife” and “Viehofer Platz” will be canceled.
Rail replacement services will also run between “Essen Hbf” and “Revierpark Nienhausen” from June 26th.
- Bus 144: The journeys between “Steele S” and “Stadtwaldplatz” are canceled in both directions.
- Bus 145: 5-minute intervals are cancelled.
- Bus 146: There is no 5-minute cycle between “Essen Hbf” and “Kray Nord Bahnhof”.
There is no 10-minute interval between “Hochfeldstraße” and “Kray Nord Bahnhof”.
- Bus 161: at 6.03 p.m. and 6.23 p.m. there are no more buses between “Ernestinenstraße” and “Schölerpad”. The trips from “Schölerpad” at 5:38 p.m. and 5:58 p.m. are also cancelled.
- Bus 166: The journey at 7.21 a.m. from “Hattingen Märkische Straße” to “Essen Hbf” is no longer necessary.
- Bus 170: No more 5-minute intervals between “Borbeck Bahnhof” and “Kray Nord Bahnhof” – and no more 10-minute intervals between “Steele S” and “Kray Nord Bahnhof”.
- Bus 174: The 10-minute interval between “Steele S” and “Eiberg Kirche” is omitted in both directions.
- Bus 183: The journey at 1:43 p.m. from “Josef-Hoeren-Strasse” to “Altenessen Bahnhof”.
- SB15: No 10-minute intervals between 9.05 a.m. and 2.56 p.m. between “Essen Hbf” and “Burgaltendorf”.
- E-car: The trips are cancelled. Excluded are the journeys of the e-car E91. The journeys of the E-car E90 to the university are only canceled from July 18, 2022 up to and including September 30, 2022.
More news from Essen and Mülheim:
Food: Woman runs through the train station with a knife in her hand – when the police speak to her, it gets wild
Mülheim: child hit by car – rescue helicopter in use
The changes for Mülheim in detail:
- Tram 102: Tram 102 runs every 15 minutes. The 10-minute interval between 6:45 a.m. and around 10:00 a.m. does not apply.
- E-car: The trips are cancelled. Excluded are the journeys of the e-cars E11, E14 and E52.