Mexico.- For today, Tropical Cyclone “Celia” will continue to intensify southwest of the coast of Colima. Its circulation will favor abundant entry of humidity that will interact with the advance of the tropical wave #6 over Guerrero and with a low pressure channel in the Mesa del Norte and the Mesa Central, which will cause punctual rainy season strong to very strong in western, central and southern Mexico, with intense punctual rains that could generate landslides and floods in Nayarit and Jalisco.
On the other hand, higher atmospheric instability and moisture ingress from both oceans, will generate punctual rains very strong accompanied by electric shocks and possible hail fall in Chiapas.
Finally, an anticyclonic circulation in the middle levels of the atmosphere will keep the warm to hot evening environment in much of the country and very hot in areas of Baja California Sur and Sinaloa, with extremely hot maximum temperatures, which could exceed 45°C, in areas of Baja California and Sonora.
Precipitation forecast for today June 23, 2022:
- Very strong rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Nayarit and Jalisco.
- Heavy rains with very strong punctual rains (50 to 75 mm): Sinaloa, Durango, Colima, Michoacán and Chiapas.
- Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25 to 50 mm): Sonora, Chihuahua, Morelos, Puebla, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Veracruz, Tabasco and Campeche.
- Intervals of showers (5 to 25 mm): Baja California Sur, Zacatecas, State of Mexico, Mexico City, Tlaxcala, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
- Isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm): Baja California, Tamaulipas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Guanajuato, Querétaro and Hidalgo.
- The rains will be accompanied by electric shocks, strong winds and probable hail fall.
Forecast of minimum temperatures for today’s morning, June 23, 2022:
- Minimum temperatures from 0 to 5 °C: high areas of Chihuahua, Durango, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, State of Mexico, Guanajuato, Hidalgo, Tlaxcala, Puebla, Veracruz and Oaxaca.
Forecast of maximum temperatures for today June 23, 2022:
- Maximum temperatures above 45 °C: Baja California and Sonora.
- Maximum temperatures from 40 to 45 °C: Baja California Sur and Sinaloa.
- Maximum temperatures from 35 to 40 °C: Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Durango, Tamaulipas, Nayarit, Campeche and Yucatán.
- Maximum temperatures from 30 to 35 °C: Zacatecas, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Morelos, Puebla (southwest), Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas, Veracruz, Tabasco and Quintana Roo.
We recommend you read:
Clouds bombard Chihuahua for rain
Without applying the Dignified Menstruation Law in Michoacán
Wind and wave forecast for today June 23, 2022:
- Wind with gusts of 70 to 80 km/h and waves of 3 to 5 meters high: Coasts of Jalisco, Colima and Michoacán.
- Wind with gusts of 60 to 70 km/h and waves of 2 to 3 meters high: Western coast of Guerrero, this morning.
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km/h: Baja California, Baja California Sur, Sonora, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí, Zacatecas, Durango, Aguascalientes, Tamaulipas, Guanajuato, Querétaro and Hidalgo, as well as in the Isthmus and Gulf of Tehuantepec.