Max Meyer: Return despite great disappointment – is the ex-Schalke star really attacking now?
Max Meyer is back. The former Schalke star is back in Turkey after his short trip to the Danish league for FC Midtjylland.
At Fenerbahce Istanbul Dares Max Meyer a second try. His first chapter at the traditional club was more than disappointing.
Max Meyer is training again in Istanbul
Fenerbahce has started preparing for the new season – and Max Meyer is right in the middle. “1. Training,” the 26-year-old wrote on his Instagram story on Wednesday (June 22), posting a picture of the training session.
That is Max Meyer:
- Born in Oberhausen in 1995
- Played in youth for FC Sardegna Oberhausen, Rot-Weiß Oberhausen, MSV Duisburg and Schalke 04
- In 2013 Meyer made his debut with the Schalke professionals
- In the same year he extended his contract until 2018
- After playing on the flank and as a playmaker, Domenico Tedesco Meyer retrained as a defensive midfielder. In this role, he showed strong performances in the 2017/2018 season
- However, Meyer turned down an offer to extend his expiring contract
- After leaving Schalke in a dispute, Meyer joined Crystal Palace in the Premier League
- The former talent was not happy there and then hired at Fenerbahce. In the winter period, Meyer was loaned out to FC Midtjylland
He wants to know it again with the 19-time Turkish champion. Last summer, Meyer moved from first FC Köln to the Bosphorus on a free transfer. However, his record remained manageable. He only played five league games.
Max Meyer: Impetus from first title?
In winter, both sides agreed on a loan deal. The midfielder went to Midtjylland. Another hilly chapter in his career, but here he was able to celebrate the first title win of his club career.
In the Danish Cup final, he and his teammates defeated Odense BK on penalties. So he’s going back to Istanbul with a good feeling. Does that inspire him to start the season?
Max Meyer hopes for a new coach
The new coach Jorge Jesus could also be an important building block. With him, Meyer can prove himself again without any legacy issues.
news to Max Meyer:
Meyer’s story also shows that he was allowed to collect playing time in the first test match. Max Meyer and Fenerbahce Istanbul – maybe there will still be a happy ending for both sides. (mh)