When preparing a presentation, it takes a lot of time to write a page from start to finish. Another PowerPoint file linked to the presentation comes in handy at such times. Adding, rearranging, duplicating, and inserting a different slide into a presentation in PowerPoint are must-know ways to save time and effort.
How Do We Get the Slide We Want From Another PowerPoint Presentation?
When preparing a presentation in PowerPoint, quotes, additions and data are taken from different sources. These resources can be a web page, a book, or pre-prepared slides. Besides attachments that can be added directly to the presentation, it is quite easy to add another slide. On the other hand, there is an easy way for anyone to add a different slide file to a presentation.
Here are the steps for reusing slides from another presentation:
- First of all, the presentation that you want to add a slide to is opened.
- Drag the cursor to the pane on the left side of the PowerPoint window that displays the slide pages in sequence.
- Click on which slide pages will be inserted between the dragged cursor.
- After the red stripe that appears, go to the “Login” option in the panel at the top of the PowerPoint page.
- The new slide option is selected under the entry heading.
- After clicking the new slide option, different preferences appear at the bottom of the samples that appear. From these preferences, click Reuse slides.
- After clicking the Reuse slides option, a tab will open on the right side of the page. In this tab that opens, click on Open PowerPoint file under the box.
- Documents can also be accessed by clicking the browse option next to the box.
- At this point, there is a detail that needs attention. In the process of importing slides from another presentation, later slides can cause problems in the current presentation. With the changes made in the design and content of the current presentation, the slide added later may differ. Therefore, the Preserve source formatting option must be checked before confirming adding a new presentation.
- In the next step, a single slide or all slides are added according to preference from the reuse slides section and called OK.