La France insoumise carried out a consultation with its base: out of more than 200,000 participants, two thirds declared that they would vote blank or abstain. The choice to vote for Marine Le Pen was not offered.

As in 2017, Jean-Luc Mélenchon consulted his base (around 300,000 people) about their voting intentions during the second round of the 2022 presidential election, on April 24.

It should be noted that the option to vote for Marine Le Pen was not available. The consultation therefore offered three options: blank or null vote, abstention or vote for Emmanuel Macron. The results are clear: two-thirds of rebellious activists prefer to vote blank or abstain than to vote for the outgoing president.

According to the results transmitted by LFI on April 17, out of 215,292 participants in the vote, 37.65% of them will choose the blank or null vote and 28.96% will abstain, i.e. a total of 66.61% who refuse to vote for the outgoing president. Only 33.40% of respondents say they are ready to vote for Emmanuel Macron, i.e. a third of those who responded.

The result of this consultation is not an instruction given to anyone.

The announcement of the results on the site was accompanied by the following clarification: “The result of this consultation is not an instruction given to anyone. It indicates the assessments of the 215,292 people who took part. Everyone will conclude and vote in conscience, as they see fit.

guest on franceinfo on April 17, the LFI deputy for Seine-Saint-Denis, Eric Coquerel, commented on the results of the consultation. “There is no divide, these are more tactical differences than substantive differences,” he explained, adding that he understood voters who could not bring themselves to slip an Emmanuel Macron ballot into the ballot box. urn.

With 21.95% of the votes in the first round, LFI’s score represents a crucial pool of votes that Emmanuel Macron and Marine Le Pen are now vying for. If Jean-Luc Mélenchon did not explicitly call for a vote for Emmanuel Macron, he nevertheless repeated many times during his speech following the results of the first round that “not a vote should go to Madame Le Pen”.


Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more
Share This:


The News 24 is the place where you get news about the World. we cover almost every topic so that you don’t need to find other sites.

Leave a Reply