Roland Garros director Mauresmo says Djokovic will be able to take part in the tournament
Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic will be able to take part in Roland Garros-2022. Tournament director Amelie Mauresmo told the Independent.
“In the current situation, nothing prevents Djokovic from taking part in the French Open,” she said. Mauresmo stressed that Roland Garros 2022 will be the first Grand Slam tournament to be held without coronavirus restrictions.
On March 10, Djokovic revealed that he had been forced to withdraw from tournaments in Indian Wells and Miami. “Although I automatically got into the list of participants in tournaments in the USA, I knew that I would hardly be able to come,” the 34-year-old tennis player shared. A Serb was banned from entering the country due to his refusal to be vaccinated.
In January 2022, Djokovic, for the same reason, was unable to take part in the Australian Open. Last year’s tournament winner was expelled from Australia before the start of the competition. Problems with the authorities arose against the background of the fact that the Serbian athlete’s visa did not provide for the entry of data on a medical exemption from vaccination against coronavirus.