You are currently viewing Russia and Ukraine make a "technical break" in the negotiations while the attacks continue

The delegations of Russia and Ukraine resumed the dialogue on Monday while the fighting continues at different points and the trickle of deaths.

This fourth round of negotiations appears very difficult. In fact, as announced by the adviser to the head of the Ukrainian presidential office, Mikhailo Podoliakthe parties have made a “technical pause” and will resume talks “tomorrow.”

Podoliak justifies the delay by “the additional work that the working subgroups have to do to clarify individual positions.”

Communication between the two parties is “difficult“, he assured. Both sides “are actively expressing their positions, which have already been clarified. Communication is difficult, but it continues,” Podoliak, one of the Ukrainian representatives in these contacts, had previously explained on his Twitter account.

The Russian side has not made its position public before this round.

All of this is happening at a time when the US is interpreting the Kremlin’s latest attacks as an expansion of Russia’s military objectives in the war. “Clearly, from an air strike perspective, the Russians are expanding their military objectives,” Pentagon spokesman John Kirby said in his interview with the news channel. ABC.

“The US takes its commitment to article 5” of the founding NATO treaty very seriouslyas Kirby explained.

US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan has also assured that his country continues to move “and reposition forces and capabilities along NATO’s eastern flank to ensure that we can defend every inch of NATO territory if necessary.” .

Statements that occurred after the Russian attack this weekend against the Yavoriv military base, 25 kilometers from Poland, which the Atlantic Alliance used until last February to carry out maneuvers.

Killed in Kiev and Donetsk

Meanwhile, the trickle of deaths continues in a war in which all the data on how it evolves is not always known.

At least 23 people have died and around twenty have been injured. in an attack by Ukrainian forces on the separatist region of Donetsk, in the east of the country, Russian agencies reported on Monday, citing sources from the separatist authorities in this area.

The dead body of a person lies in the streets of Donetsk after Russian bombing.

Reuters

According to these sources, there is at least one child among those killed by a Tochka-U type missile, which contained a cluster charge (weapons prohibited by international agreements), said the head of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, Denis Pushilin.

“Tochka-U was carrying a cluster charge, which is prohibited, as we know. Had it not been shot down there would have been a disproportionately higher number of casualties,” Pushilin said on the show. 60 minutes from Russia 1according to the agency Sputnik.

What’s more, At least two people have died and three others have been injured. after a shell hit an apartment building in Obolonski, a residential area of ​​Kiev, tonight, the state emergency service (SES) reported on its website. Facebook.

Meanwhile, in the Zitomir region, west of Kiev, four people were injured on Monday in a missile attack launched by the Russian Army.

refugee exodus

The refugees who have fled from Ukraine since the outbreak of the war, on February 24, already reach 2.8 million, of which more than half (1.7 million) arrived in neighboring Poland, according to figures updated daily by the UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR).

The rest of Ukraine’s neighboring countries also continue to receive this flow of refugees and, among them, 255,000 arrived in Hungary and 204,000 in Slovakia, due to a conflict that has also caused more than two million internally displaced persons, according to UNHCR calculations.

To the left the arrivals lane, to the right the path that men take to cross and fight.

To the left the arrivals lane, to the right the path that men take to cross and fight.

FT

The United Nations agency predicts that if the armed conflict continues, the number of refugees could exceed four million, and the number of internally displaced persons could reach 6.7 million.

China withdraws from the war

That Russia ask China for economic and military assistance, according to the CNN and New York Times this weekend quoting US officials, it is “pure disinformation”, said the Foreign Ministry spokesman on Monday Zhao Lijiang at a press conference in Beijing.

“China has stated its position on the crisis in Ukraine clearly and consistently. We play a constructive role, support negotiations to achieve peace, and above all, assess the situation impartially and independently. Denigrating China’s position is not acceptable.” “, he indicated.

The spokesman’s response comes after several voices in Europe asked China to mediate in the negotiations between Russia and Ukraine, to which must now be added the warnings from Washington to prevent Beijing from helping Moscow to counteract the blow they represent sanctions imposed by the West.

Along the same lines, the Russian presidential spokesman, Dmitry Peskovalso denied that his country had asked Beijing for help to carry out its military operation in Ukraine, Russian agencies report.

Russia-Ukraine War

Source

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Then24

The News 24 is the place where you get news about the World. we cover almost every topic so that you don’t need to find other sites.

Leave a Reply