The cabinet has decided that shops, sports clubs, music schools and contact professions (such as hairdressers) can open again. There is also a tightening up for wearing a mouth cap.
Measures, relaxation and urgent advice
- From Saturday, sports inside and outside without an audience.
- For indoor sports, everyone from the age of 18 must show a corona admission ticket (CTB).
- Physical education in secondary vocational education and higher education can now also be resumed.
- From Saturday you can receive four people at home again, instead of two.
- People are also advised to wear a mouth cap outside and in the workplace, if it is not possible to keep 1.5 meters away. Fabrics and homemade face masks are not recommended: the medical variant is preferred.
- The doors of the shops can open again every day, until 5 pm. A distance of 1.5 meters must be kept.
- Hairdressers, nail studios, sex workers and people with other contact professions can resume their work until 5 pm.
- Anyone who has a booster shot of at least a week old or who has had corona less than 8 weeks ago no longer needs to be quarantined after close contact with an infected person (provided someone has no complaints).
- Keep 1.5 meters away everywhere.
- If you have complaints, stay at home and use a self-test. If you have a positive result, have yourself tested at the GGD.
- Outside it is recommended to be together with no more than 4 people older than 13 years.
- Regular opening hours apply for, among other things, gas stations, pharmacies, driving schools, the notary or lawyer.
- Essential shops, such as supermarkets and drugstores, are open until 8 p.m.
- All catering is closed. Ordering and collection is possible.
- Cinemas, museums, theaters and concert halls are closed.
With the relaxed package of measures announced by the cabinet on Friday, the daily number of infections may rise to 75,000 or 80,000 a day, Prime Minister Mark Rutte acknowledged during the press conference. The cabinet will review again on 25 January whether the corona measures can be further relaxed.