Players were chosen to defend the national team in the clashes against Ecuador and Paraguay, valid for the 2022 World Cup Qualifiers
On the morning of this Thursday, the 13th, the technician Tite announced the squad list for the next matches of the Brazilian Team. In all, 26 names were announced that will defend the national team’s shirt in the matches against Ecuador, on the 27th of January, and the Paraguay, on the 1st of February, valid for the South America qualifiers for the 2022 World Cup. Main star of the selection, Neymar (PSG) was left out of the list as he is recovering from an injury. On the other hand, Vinicius Jr., who lives a great phase at Real Madrid, was called up by Tite after being left out of the initial list of the last calls. Other players that were being tested, such as Antony (Ajax) e Raphinha (Leeds United) were also chosen by the coach and seem to have established themselves among the players who will compete in the World Cup. With 11 wins and two draws in 13 games played, Brazil is one of the teams that has already secured its place in the world cup, which will be played in Qatar.
Check out the full list of nominees:
- goalkeepers: Alisson (Liverpool-ING), Ederson (Manchester City-ING) and Weverton (Palmeiras);
- Sides: Daniel Alves (Barcelona-ESP), Emerson (Tottenham-ING), Alex Sandro (Juventus-ITA) e Alex Telles (Manchester United-ING)
- Defenders: Thiago Silva (Chelsea-ING), Marquinhos (PSG-FRA), Éder Militão (Real Madrid-ESP) and Gabriel Magalhães (Arsenal-ING)
- Midfielders: Casemiro (Real Madrid-ESP), Fred (Manchester United-ING), Lucas Paquetá (Lyon-FRA), Fabinho (Liverpool-ING), Bruno Guimarães (Lyon-FRA), Gerson (Olympique de Marseille-FRA), Everton Ribeiro (Flamengo) and Philippe Coutinho (Aston Villa-ING)
- Attackers: Antony (Ajax-HOL), Vinícius Jr. (Real Madrid-ESP), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City-ING), Matheus Cunha (Atlético de Madrid-ESP), Raphinha (Leeds United-ING) and Gabriel Barbosa (Flamengo) and Rodrygo (Real-Madrid-ESP)