Do you want to work on a script or do you already have it ready to start its pre-production? The Mexican Institute of Cinematography (IMCINE), through the Budgetary Program «Promotion of Mexican Cinema»(Focine), opens the registration for its call for Support for Script Writing and Project Development 2022. This call will be open from January 17 and until February 8, 2022.
According to the Ministry of Culture of the Government of Mexico, 125 projects have been supported since 2019. This seeks to encourage cinematographic and audiovisual creation in all regions of the country through access to production support instruments, in an inclusive and equitable manner. (via)
As in 2021, the call for Script Writing Support has three modalities:
- Direct Script Writing Support
- Script Rewriting Advisory
- Advice for Argumental Lines.
Who is the call for Script Writing and Project Development Support aimed at?
The call is applicable to people who want to work on a script or already have it and seek to create a portfolio with the necessary elements that allows them to seek financing to make the film in the genres of fiction, animation and feature-length documentary.
The 12 calls of 2022 of the IMCINE
«With Focine we continue to trace new routes for the stories of Mexican cinema. The 12 calls for 2022 are now open ».
- SUPPORT TO THE PREPRODUCTION AND PRODUCTION OF ANIMATION SHORT FILMS AND FEATURE FILMS.
- SUPPORT TO FINANCIAL CONSOLIDATION.
- SUPPORT TO THE PRODUCTION OF FEATURE FILMS IN COLLABORATION WITH THE STATES.
- SUPPORT FOR PUBLIC TRAINING PROJECTS AND EXHIBITION OF MEXICAN CINEMA 2022.
- SUPPORT FOR POST-PRODUCTION OF FEATURES AND SHORT FILMS.
- SUPPORT FOR THE FORMATION AND PRESERVATION OF CINEMATOGRAPHIC ASSETS.
- SUPPORT TO EQUIP AND / OR CONDITION SPACES AND EXHIBITION PROJECTS 2022.
- SUPPORT TO THE PRODUCTION OF CINEMA FOR CHILDREN (GIRLS, BOYS AND ADOLESCENTS).
- SUPPORT TO THE PRODUCTION OF SHORT FILMS BY REGION AND WITH TRAJECTORY.
- SUPPORT TO THE PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENTARY FEATURES.
- PROJECT DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT.
- SUPPORT FOR PRIME OPERA SCHOOLS OF FILM OR WITH A SPECIALIZATION OF FILM.