Novak Djokovic issued a statement on his social networks to give his version of his appearance in public in December, when he was with coronavirus. He explained that he later found out about the positive, being that he had previously tested negative, and admitted a mistake in not canceling an interview with L’Equipe, and from an agent when filling out a form at the airport.
The Serbian, number one in the world, rejected what he considers “misinformation” about his departures in Serbia despite having tested positive for Covid-19. And he said “they need to be corrected.”
“Particularly in the interest of alleviating broader concerns in the community about my presence in Australia, and to address issues that are very painful and worrying for my family,” argued Nole.
The statement continues: “I attended a basketball game in Belgrade on December 14, after which several people were reported to have tested positive for Covid-19. Despite having no Covid symptoms, I had a rapid antigen test. On December 16, it was negative, and as a precaution I also had an official PCR test approved that same day. “
“The next day I attended a tennis event in Belgrade to give awards to the children and I had a rapid antigen test before going to the event, and it came back negative.”
Djokovic practica en Australia.
“I was asymptomatic and felt fine, and I had not received notification of a positive PCR test result until after that event. “
“The next day, December 18, I was at my tennis center in Belgrade to fulfill a long-standing commitment for an interview and photo shoot for L’Equipe. I canceled all other events except the interview of L ‘ Equip “.
“I felt compelled to go ahead and do the L’Equipe interview because I didn’t want to disappoint the journalist, but I made sure to distance myself and wear a mask, except when my photograph was being taken.”
“While I went home after the interview to isolate myself for the required period, on second thought, this was an error in judgment and I accept that I should have rescheduled this commitment. “
“On the subject of my travel statement, it was presented by my support team on my behalf, as I told the immigration officer on my arrival and my agent sincerely apologized for typing the wrong box about my previous trip to Australia. This was human error and not deliberate. We are living in challenging times and a global pandemic, and sometimes those things can happen. Today my team provided additional information to the Australian government to clarify the situation. “
Later, Nole assured that he will not make any further comments on the subject and assured that it is an honor for him to participate in the Australian Open.
Nole will begin his participation in the contest next week. After several controversies …