FC Schalke 04: Ex-professional left S04 “to win the title” – now it could be very bitter for him
Last summer stood by FC Schalke 04 the XXL break on. A total of 24 players left the club after the disastrous relegation season from the Bundesliga, seven more professionals were loaned out.
Many of the departures have been happy with their new club, but there are also some former players of the FC Schalke 04who are going through a very difficult time.
FC Schalke 04: Ex-professional left S04 “to win the title”
One of them is Suat Serdar. The German international left FC Schalke 04 in the summer and still stayed in the Bundesliga, where he signed a contract for Hertha BSC Berlin until 2026.
All departures in summer at FC Schalke 04:
- Weston McKennie (Juventus Turin)
- Suat Serdar (Hertha BSC)
- Matthew Hoppe (RCD Mallorca)
- Benito Raman (RSC Anderlecht)
- Bernard Tekpetey (Ludogorets)
- Ahmet Kutucu (Basaksehir)
- Matja Nastasic (AC Florenz)
- Sebastian Rudy (TSG Hoffenheim)
- Jonas Carls (SC Paderborn)
- Markus Schubert (Vitesse Arnheim)
- Alessandro Schöpf (Arminia Bielefeld)
- Steven Skrzybski (Holstein Kiel)
- Benjamin Stambouli (Adana Demirspor)
- Bastian Oczipka (Union Berlin)
- Omar Mascarell (FC Elche)
- Mark Uth (1. FC Cologne)
- Nabil Bentaleb (initially without a club, now with SCO Angers)
- Goncalo Paciencia (Eintracht Frankfurt)
- Kilian Ludewig (RB Salzburg)
- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Career Duck)
- Shkodran Mustafi (initially without a club, now UD Levante)
- Sead Kolasinac (FC Arsenal)
- William (VfL Wolfsburg)
- Frederik Rönnow (Eintracht Frankfurt)
At the end of the 2020/21 relegation season, Serdar indicated early on not to extend his contract, which was dated until 2022. At that time, the S04 was lagging behind in the last place in the table. Serdar wanted a new challenge and above all he wanted to be successful.
+++ FC Schalke 04: next exit! Talent leaves the S04 +++
“In the long term, I want to play the Champions League and win titles as long as possible. I find Spain and England extremely attractive, ”said Serdar in an interview with“ SportBild ”. So the change to Berlin was all the more surprising for many. In the capital, things are not going at all for the midfielder at the moment.
After Schalke departure – Serdar in the relegation battle
After 18 match days, Hertha is 13th in the table with just 21 points. The lead on the relegation place is three points, on a direct relegation place four. Serdar and Berlin have arrived in the relegation battle.
It doesn’t work out for the 24-year-old personally either. In the 16 Bundesliga games he played in the Hertha jersey, he was only able to score two goals. In addition, a change of coach at Hertha did not help either. At the end of November, Tayfun Korkut took over for Pal Dardai. There were two wins under his leadership, but so far two disastrous defeats against 1. FSV Mainz (0: 4) and last weekend the 1: 3 defeat against Cologne.
More news about the S04:
FC Schalke 04: long-term stay? With THESE statements an S04 star hits the bull’s eye with the fans
FC Schalke 04: “Special day” – Matthew Hoppe shares S04 video! Fans only have one request
Ex-Schalke trainer Rangnick under pressure – ER of all people is threatened with departure
Instead of playing in the Champions League and collecting titles, Serdar may now face the second relegation in a row with Hertha. (oa)