Matthieu Mindler committed suicide with an easily accessible substance he picked up online… and his mom wants everyone to know about the compound’s extreme danger.
The Lancaster County Medical Examiner’s Office told TMZ … the former child star’s cause of death was sodium nitrate toxicity. According to the MOE, the DO was intentional and as such his death was ruled as suicide.
If you are not familiar … sodium nitrate is an oxidizing agent – often used to preserve foods, such as meat – that causes hypotension and restricts the flow of oxygen around the body, which can lead to death.
While sodium nitrate-related deaths are often accidental, Matt’s was anything but … according to his mother, Monique, who says she discovered a heartbreaking trail Matthew left behind.
Monica tells us that she’s been researching Matt’s recent internet search history, and it turns out … he was looking for information on this deadly compound as it relates to suicide, and ways to get and get it. take for the ultimate effect of ending his life without pain.
We’re told she had no idea this was something he had explored before her body was found by school officials near her university in Pennsylvania – but more importantly, she wants let this serve as a warning to others.
Monica is hoping someone else’s life can be saved if people know what warning signs to look for … as this is a fairly inexpensive product that Matthew seems to have ordered from Amazon with relative ease, at just $ 15, which Monica said was enough to kill 4 people.
In other words… conscience is everything, and she hopes Matthew’s story will serve as a wake-up call.