One of the big surprises during the PlayStation Showcase 2021 was Marvel’s Spider-Man 2, sequel to Marvel’s Spider-Man (2018). One of the certainties around the title is that we will be able to enjoy it from 2023; However, there are very few details surrounding the video game from Insomniac Games and Sony Interactive Entertainment. However, an alleged insider Insomniac Games leaked information around the story and the gameplay through Reddit.
- At the time of writing this note, the publication in Reddit where the information is filtered has been disabled.
Here are the possible details that have not yet been confirmed by official sources (via):
- The game is not cooperative for two players, that is, there is no multiplayer mode.
- You can choose to play Miles Morales or Peter Parker on most missions.
- There is a single main story starring Peter Parker and Miles Morales.
- Venom – voiced by Tony Todd (candy man) – will not yet be a playable character. In addition, players will enjoy a much darker version of the villain in this video game.
- There is a single main story starring both Peter and Miles.
- Other characters will appear (cameos) who will fight by your side (in stealth and at a distance) while you play.
- Spider-Man will have access to the black suit, which will give him four additional mechanical arms as revealed by the trailer.
- Rocking and moving around the city will be faster and more fluid. All this thanks to SSD of PS5 that allows to load areas of the map much faster.
- The gameplay We will be able to enjoy it in June 2022.
- Kraven the Hunter will be the main villain of the video game, but they will also appear lizard and Mysterio.
Other rumors indicate that Doctor Strange It will make a presence in the video game but, perhaps, it is only a cameo.
During a podcast talk This Week In MarvelBill Rosemann, Marvel Vice President Creative, gave some compelling remarks about what we can expect from the arachnid sequel.
«If the first game of Spider-Man it was Star Wars, Spider-Man 2 it’s kind of our Empire. It gets a little darker, ”Rosemann said.
In addition to Marvel’s Spider-Man, Insomniac Games y Sony Interactive Entertainment preparan Marvel’s Wolverine.