The Los Cabos International Film Festival, through the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund (GFFF), will support 15 film projects in development and 6 films in post-production (work in progress) to participate in the Festival Industry program to grow and develop their film projects.
The selected creatives will be able to dialogue with prominent professionals in the national and international film field: sales agents, distributors, production companies, film festivals, OTT’s, platforms of streaming and financing funds. In addition, they may compete for financial support offered by the different companies and institutions allied to this Film Fund.
«We present the selected ones from Films in development and Work in progress of the (GFFF) in its tenth call. These projects will participate in our Industry program with national and international professionals. Congratulations!”.
You might also be interested in: All the film festivals in Mexico that you can enjoy until the end of the year
Cinema in development
- Acapulco Magic (Mexico) – Dir. Tavo Ruiz. | Prod. Rodrigo Álvarez Flores.
- Caity (Estados Unidos) – Dir. Lindsay Calleran. | Prod. Katie White, Katy Drake Bettner.
- The diver (Mexico) – Dir. Jimena Muhlia Montero. | Prod. Paula Astorga Riestra, Pamela Torres Maldonado.
- In flight (Mexico) – Dir. Daniela Uribe. | Prod. Paloma Isabel Cabrera Yañez.
- Güero Coyote (Mexico) – Dir. Manuel Leyva Mojardin. | Prod. Emilio Antonio Santoyo Espino, Alejandro Moreno Novelo.
- Hummingbirds (United States) – Dir. Silvia Castaños, Estefanía Contreras, Ana Rodriguez-Falco, Jilian Schlesinger, Miguel Drake-McLaughlin, Diane Ng. | Prod. Ana Rodríguez-Falco, Jilian Schlesinger, Miguel Drake-McLaughlin, Leslie Benavides.
- The wait is a murmur on the ground (Mexico) – Dir. Gabriela Domínguez Ruvalcaba. | Prod. Fernando Eimbcke, Alex Noppel.
- The reserve (Mexico) – Dir. Pablo Pérez Lombardini. | Prod. Liliana Pardo, Daniela Mikel.
- Manhunt (Canadá) – Dir. Wayne Wapeemukwa. | Prod. Matt Drake, Anna-Lena Theobald.
- Xibalbá Monster (Mexico) – Dir. Manuela Irene. | Prod. Daniel Loustaunau, Manuela Irene, Damián Aguilar.
- Ñuu Yuchi (Mexico) – Dir. Nicolás Rojas Sánchez. | Prod. Armando Bautista García.
- About breaks and their cracks (Mexico) – Dir. Michelle Ibaven. | Prod. Michelle Ibaven, Karla Bukantz.
- There Were Witches (Canada-Mexico) – Dir. Jefferson Moneo. | Prod. Fabiola Caraza, Mauro Mueller.
- TINA: Revolutionary Photographer (Canada-Mexico) – Dir. Daniela Mujica. | Prod. Productions Eight.
- You want to come the night (Mexico) – Dir. Gabriel Mariño. | Prod. Miguel Ángel Sánchez M.
Film in post-production (Work in Progress)
- God’s kingdom (Mexico) – Dir. Claudia Sainte-Luce. | Prod. Christian Kregel.
- The invisible frontier (Mexico) – Dir. Mariana Flores Villalba. | Prod. Carlos Hernández Vázquez, Gabriela Gavica.
- The rivers (Canada-Mexico) – Dir. Ryan Fyfe-Brown. | Prod. Josh Huculiak, Mauro Mueller.
- Masewal (Mexico) – Dir. Octavio Anza. | Prod. Diego Robles.
- Mukí Ralómali Bitichí Kú Sébale (Mexico) – Dir. Santiago Esteinou. | Prod. José Miguel Díaz Salinas.
- Nomads of the 57 (Mexico) – Dir. Alberto Arnaud, José María Castro Ibarra. | Prod. Yuli Rodríguez.
What is the Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund?
The Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund It is a support for the development of feature films, television series and films in the editing process or in the post-production stage, whether fiction or documentary.
The objective is “to promote the emergence of talents in the medium and the production of a proactive cinema, of fresh looks with new ways of telling stories”, through the design of spaces, activities and specific supports.
The Los Cabos International Film Festival will be held from November 10-18, 2021.