An alarm light was lit in Tucumán from the appearance of the first suspected cases of dengue. What most worries specialists is that summer has not yet begun and this new scenario has already emerged in neighborhoods of the capital of Tucumán.
The Health portfolio remarked that samples were taken at the first symptoms and people were notified to carry out a sanitary blockade. The head of the Environmental Health Directorate, Julieta Migliavacca, detailed that dengue prevention operations were carried out. The first step is focal control at the critical sites where the first suspected cases appeared.
The specialist explained that blockades were carried out for suspicious cases, located in the Alberdi Norte neighborhood. The operations were carried out with the participation of Police personnel, health agents, the Provincial and National Vector Brigade.
Migliavacca spoke about these first cases under the magnifying glass. “We are entering the homes where there were suspected cases to make focal control, followed by the fumigation that is carried out because we are facing a suspected case of dengue and the social health agents are in the area looking for other patients with symptoms compatible with dengue,” he said. .
* Acute fever.
* Headache and behind the eyes.
* Intense muscle and joint pain.
* Skin rashes * General malaise.
How to prevent it?
* Eliminate containers that accumulate water, both inside and outside the house. Turn them upside down.
* Mosquitoes usually use many containers, such as cans, bottles and pieces of plastic, which are not used frequently to settle, these end up becoming breeding sites for the insect. For this reason, it is recommended to directly dispose of them.
* If you do use them, preserve your hygiene and make sure you have a way to filter stagnant water or empty them daily.
* Maintain the cleanliness of the green spaces that surround the house, weeding frequently.
* Replace the water in vases and pots with wet sand.
* Cover bins, buckets and drums that are used to store water.
* Use repellants paying attention to the instructions on the container, especially when doing outdoor activities.
* Place mosquito nets on doors and windows, also in cribs and strollers for babies and children.