In application of the Special Plan for Civil Protection and Attention to Emergencies for Volcanic Risk in the Autonomous Community of the Canary Islands PEVOLCA, and by virtue of the powers established by the Directorate of this Plan, the situation of ACTIVATION OF THE PLAN IN SITUATION OF EMERGENCY is UPDATED – LEVEL 2.
Due to the anticipated advance of the lava flow that runs further to the Northwest and its proximity to the boundary zone of the perimeter already evacuated, the following is EVACUATED:
- The area to the south of Camino de La Cruz Chica at the junction with Camino Los Campitos, following Camino Morro Cabrito until reaching LP 2.
From 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., the people affected by this evacuation order must vacate their homes, with their belongings and pets, and go to the meeting point located in the Campo de Lucha Camino León de los Llanos de Aridane.
- Those people who are unable to collect belongings today will be allowed in subsequent days, gradually and accompanied, provided that security conditions allow it.
- Collaborate with the Security Forces in the evacuation.
- Stay calm, pass it on to others, and don’t spread rumors.
- Close all exterior windows and doors, lower blinds. Turn off the water, gas and electricity supplies.
- Take your documentation (also that of the house) and medicines for daily use, mobile phone and your charger, flashlight and clothing for several days.
- Go to the established meeting points.
- Only use telephones for what is strictly necessary.
- In case of having animals, the evacuation will be carried out following the guidelines of the Animal Action Protocol that will be indicated at the Meeting Point.