Apple pie is a delicious way to eat this seasonal fruit, also adding a different touch to the usual recipe. thanks to the nuts, of which you can add any type, to taste.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE STUFFING
100 g of butter
45 ml milk
1 teaspoon ground ginger
75 gr of walnuts
50 gr of almond
75 gr of hazelnuts
80 g of icing sugar
10 gr of flour
1. First, to make the shortcrust dough, sift the flour and mix with a little salt. In a bowl, put the icing sugar, butter and the yolk of an egg and mix everything well. Make portions and chill for an hour. In a baking dish, spread the dough evenly.
2. Then, peel the apples and cut them into pineapple strips or slices and put them in the same mold, on the dough base.
3. In a bowl, chop half of the nuts, then add the flour, icing sugar, ginger, cinnamon, melted butter and milk. Stir well until it is integrated.
4. Add the mixture to the mold with the grated apples and put nuts on top as a decoration.
5. Bake at 180ºC for an hour, remove and serve hot or wait for it to cool.