Josep Maria Bartomeu has issued a statement to defend itself against the accusations made by the directive of Joan Laporta, which has charged against the former president for the economic management that the Barcelona during his tenure. In the text, which is signed by “the Board of Directors that accompanied him from January 23, 2014 to October 27, 2020”, responds to the numbers presented by the CEO of the azulgrana team Ferran Reverter.
To reverse described as “disastrous” the management of the previous board and warned of the danger of “dissolution” of the club if the Barcelona it would have been a Anonymous society. Bartomeu states in the statement that:
– The Club has stopped earning a minimum of 330 Million in the 2020-21 financial year due to the pandemic
– The proposed losses include 262 million for provisions and unusual impairments that the League classifies as atypical
– The Board of Directors that closes the fiscal year is solely responsible for the financial results.
– The audited net debt, adjusted with Espai Barça, has been 558 million and not 1,350 million
– In no case, nor at any time, has the Club been at risk of liquidation or dissolution.