Atlético is already working on the renewal of Lemar

Renew as soon as possible to Thomas Lemar It has become an obsession for Atlético de Madrid. The French midfielder, who was about to leave for Wolverhampton in the summer of 2020, is now an indispensable piece for Simeone and the club wants to avoid unnecessary disappointments because his contract ends in June 2023. The idea is to extend it until 2026 and increase its termination clause. It must be remembered that Atlético has only 70% of the rights over the player since Monaco retains the remaining 30%.

Lemar is irreplaceable right now in Atlético de Madrid’s offensive scheme. His importance in the team has varied in such a way that an alignment cannot be understood without his presence in the starting eleven. The change has been so radical that Those moments in which the club tried by all means to get rid of the French seem very long ago. His departure to Porto was agreed, but the player refused because his priority was the Premier. Wolverhampton was the one who bid the most for him, but in the end there was no agreement. A refusal that would be, although at that moment it was impossible to know, the best possible news that Atlético could receive.

The club is determined to make a financial effort to prevent siren songs from reaching Lemar. The footballer seems happy in Madrid, especially now that he feels like a protagonist, and it must also be remembered that his friendship with Griezmann influences. In fact, it was Antoine who recommended his compatriot in 2018, when he came from doing a season at Monaco. 75 million euros cost his transfer, at that time the most expensive in the history of the rojiblanco club.

Lemar has already credited two goals this season, one against Espanyol and the other against Barcelona. In his three previous campaigns in the Metropolitan, he had not stood out for that facet, and although now it seems another step in his explosive evolution as a footballer, it is clear that his best virtue is assistance rather than completion. In fact, he has two passes on goal this season and everything indicates that he will noticeably increase his statistics.

The importance of Lemar on the computer is sustained by a glance at the numbers. He was injured 36 minutes into the Champions League match against Monaco and the team did not go from a draw to zero. Then he lost the matches against Athletic, Getafe and Alavés, in which the Athletic He only managed to add four points, and returned to the field in the minute of the clash of the second day of the Champions League at San Siro, at a time when Milan was winning 1-0. His departure coincided with the red-and-white comeback and was confirmed with his excellent performance against Barcelona at the Metropolitano. Lemar is as essential to Simeone today as Oblak can be. That is why it must be retained as soon as possible.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Reply