Paris – Sunday, 10/10/2021, 6:23 p.m.
The Brazilian soccer star Neymar surprised in the documentary “Neymar Jr. and the Line of Kings” released on DAZN on Sunday with the announcement that the World Cup next year in Qatar will probably be the last appearance on the biggest soccer stage.
“I think it’s my last World Cup,” said the 29-year-old from Paris Saint-Germain. “I see them as my last because I don’t know if I will still have the mental strength to deal with football afterwards.”
For Neymar and the Brazilian national team, a World Cup qualifier is due in Colombia on Sunday. The exceptional striker is still eight goals short of the record world champion’s jersey to overtake Brazil’s record goal scorer Pele with 77 goals. The film is about the great pressure on Neymar as the heir to Pele and the hope of the “Selecao”.
The 113-time national player has so far lacked a world title. He missed the 1: 7 against Germany in the semi-finals in his own country in 2014 after injuring himself in the quarter-finals against Colombia. The World Cup in Qatar from November 2022 would be his third if Brazil qualifies. He will give everything to win the tournament with his country and thus fulfill his greatest childhood dream, says Neymar in the film.
Do you know what it feels like to have the burden of an entire nation on your shoulders?
This Sunday. Exclusively on DAZN. pic.twitter.com/6kMu5XwQa8
– DAZN DE (@DAZN_DE) October 8, 2021
Text: © LAOLA1.at/APA
to the top » COMMENTS..